Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Unhappy Kobo Desktop - all purchased books are gone

Hi
I just realised, that on my Kobo Desktop application all my books are gone.
My library still exists and is filled with all my books (at kobobooks.com) but when I try to sync my Desktop with my library nothing happens.

Am I the only one who has this problem?
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
There are three tabs in you Kobo web site library. (I'm Reading, Purchased, Trash)

The books that are in the I'm Reading tab are the ones that are downloaded to the desktop application.

Be sure your books are moved from the Purchased tab to the I'm Reading tab by checking the correct checkbox for the books you want moved and select the BookMark button.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Same problem. Device syncs with bookstore library but books don't shoe up in Desktop application.
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
The books that are in the I'm Reading tab are the ones that are downloaded to the desktop application.
ltr

Nope.
My books are and have allways been in the 'I'm reading' tab.
Deinstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of the Desktop. No change. But now are all my books gone....

Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post
Nope.
My books are and have allways been in the 'I'm reading' tab.
Deinstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of the Desktop. No change. But now are all my books gone....

Did you try deleteing them from I'm Reading tab on the website? Sync desktop. Then add them back from the Purchased tab and then Sync again?
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
akuerz75
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
Did you try deleteing them from I'm Reading tab on the website? Sync desktop. Then add them back from the Purchased tab and then Sync again?
I tried it, but no improvement.
It seems that the Program does not have access to my library at Kobobooks.com at all.

BTW:
It works pretty good when I sync my Kobo through WLAN directly. I can still download them with ADE (and loose the nice format of the original Kepub-file)
But I want to have them also offline on my PC-Kobo App.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Is it possible that you set up two different accounts with different email addresses?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
akuerz75
Enthusiast

Only one account, one email account, one credit cart, one computer (Win7)

It worked up to Thursday.
(I did no changes on my PC, No new Firewall, No new Viruscan)
Old 06-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
milie529
milie529 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Black
I have the exact same problem!! I really don't know how to fix it... I love using the Kobo Desktop application and I hate what ADR does to books. I've tried several things and nothings works....
Anybody know how to fix the problem?
milie529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
How about deleting and reinstalling the desktop? I'm sorry I don't have the procedure to do that, though
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
download your books with ade from the kobo site and put them on the kobo through calibre.
easiest and pain free way to work around all of the problems.

having the books on the kobo app on the phone is nice but there are plenty of readers available for android and iphones. i use fbreader, and just send an epub to my phone that i'm currently reading so if i don't have my kobo with me i read a bit on my phone. i also send it to my office and have a copy of the epub at home and use those on my pc through the firefox epub plugin. this way whatever current book i'm reading i have access to where ever i am. when i'm done i delete all of the instances and just have the 1 left on my kobo. all that extra stuff i mentioned probably wasn't necessary but i wanted to mention it lol. the top part is relevant to your problems.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
akuerz75
Enthusiast

Dmacmart:
Please see #4:
I have already donwloaded the latest version and deinstalled the former one.
Result: everything is gone now....

Siraks
Of course did I download the EPUB (Incl. DRM) with ADE also. But this is destroying the nice formating of the official kepub file.
BTW: to use calibre you have to remove the DRM which is still illegal... I wont do this.
Also do I have the problem on my PC not on the phone.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #13
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post
Siraks

BTW: to use calibre you have to remove the DRM which is still illegal... I wont do this.
Also do I have the problem on my PC not on the phone.
i'm pretty sure calibre doesn't strip the drm by itself, you need other things to make that work. i won't go into detail because it's not allowed.

but just using calibre and loading a book onto a device doesn't strip the drm and therefore is not illegal.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
BTW: to use calibre you have to remove the DRM
NO, Calibre works with books that are DRM enabled and doesn't condone DRM stripping.. It is a perfectly legal method of loading your books.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
2652catz
kik11e
2652catz began at the beginning.

Device: vox,kobo,kobo wi fi, kobo touch,pad devices by samsung and toshiba
Have you tried resteting your kobo - have had to do this occassionally but it always seems to work
2652catz is offline   Reply With Quote