Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
FixMyAlita
FixMyAlita began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Alita
Likebook Alita bricked after accidentally flashing Mars firmware..

Hey mobileread,

I have a Likebook Alita, recently I tried upgrading to 8.1, I found I couldn't use the upgrade key but I was able to boot into "LOADER" mode with ADB using "adb reboot bootloader", but now I can't seem to get back into LOADER mode, when navigating the system it works fine except anywhere I tap on the screen will be registered as a tap somewhere entirely different, rendering it unusable. I looked in the Developer Options for OEM unlock (Because apparently fastboot is locked) and had no success. I have a stock firmware image readily available but I'm unable to flash it with the RKDevTool, it reads "Found one ADB device" even when I'm in fastboot mode, and the device is locked. Is there a way to unlock it? Thanks in advance.
FixMyAlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
The most likely person to solve this is you. I've decided to leave my Alita well alone until there's clear evidence that an update will work and that there are real advantages. So far with the Mars update all we have is is anecdotal comments that all was very straightforward and they think it's "faster" or that things went wrong. We are very much on our own with these devices.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
The most likely person to solve this is you. We are very much on our own with these devices.
I'm still not entirely convinced there's no way out of this outside of replacing the USB/Upgrade Key component, but lets hope it's not just wishful thinking.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixMyAlita View Post
I have a Likebook Alita, recently I tried upgrading to 8.1,
Mail your problem to likebook@boyue.com
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:35 AM   #5
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Mail your problem to likebook@boyue.com
Thanks, done. I managed to fix the upgrade button on the top of the device. I just need to get Alita Firmware now.
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 03:06 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, done. I managed to fix the upgrade button on the top of the device. I just need to get Alita Firmware now.
Or wait, until for Alita Android 8.1 Firmware is released.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:42 AM   #7
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Or wait, until for Alita Android 8.1 Firmware is released.
Is there a timeframe for that? I'm messaging their page on Facebook and they're saying the "Mars TP Firmware" was flashed, does anyone have "Alita TP Firmware" or Alita Firmware images on this forum?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:42 AM   #8
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
You are now the main man for Alita upgrades. Keep us updated please.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #9
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
You are now the main man for Alita upgrades. Keep us updated please.
Here's a Likebook Alita K103 PDF sent to me by a tech support guy on their Facebook, it contains instructions detailing how to flash a default system image for the device, unfortunately as far as I'm aware it's missing what the technician calls "TP FW" (Not sure what the TP stands for), but for whatever reason that prevents me from resetting the pointer calibration. Maybe someone else will find this PDF useful anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RKDevTool-rooting-instruction-20200515-K103-V2.3.2.pdf (355.0 KB, 481 views)
Old 09-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Here's a Likebook Alita K103 PDF sent to me by a tech support guy on their Facebook, it contains instructions detailing how to flash a default system image for the device, unfortunately as far as I'm aware it's missing what the technician calls "TP FW" (Not sure what the TP stands for), but for whatever reason that prevents me from resetting the pointer calibration. Maybe someone else will find this PDF useful anyway.
There is something wrong with the description (Pt 5). So the picture is that of Mars and not of Alita.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-10-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:15 AM   #11
FixMyAlita

Quote:
There is something wrong with the description (Pt 5). So the picture is that of Mars and not of Alita.
Yes definitely, I had another good look and noticed the "upgrade key" they reference is actually next to the power button on the Alita.. Oops. I don't see myself successfully performing a DIY fix at this stage, so I'm probably going to have to send it somewhere else. Hopefully this helps people not make the same mistakes I did.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #12
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
I'm confused the guide that was sent seems to have the Firmware needed and you did flash this and it works but you can't calibrate the stylus?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:48 AM   #13
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
I'm confused the guide that was sent seems to have the Firmware needed and you did flash this and it works but you can't calibrate the stylus?
That's true, but because I had accidentally flashed MARS firmware on my Alita device (Don't operate dangerous software in the late hours of the night), after flashing this the touchscreen itself has become misaligned, when I tap somewhere it'll trigger a touch somewhere else, this doesn't only affect the stylus but the entire device itself, rendering it pretty much unusable.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:55 AM   #14
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Sounds like you just flashed over the old firmware and not wiping the device when flashing the correct one. Did all your internal storage stay the same? Also after flashing it have you tried a factory reset now?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:57 AM   #15
FixMyAlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Sounds like you just flashed over the old firmware and not wiping the device when flashing the correct one. Did all your internal storage stay the same? Also after flashing it have you tried a factory reset now?
That's a really interesting point, last time I just followed what the guide said, I've tried reflashing a couple of times without success but haven't tried wiping the device thoroughly beforehand, I'll give that a try. Will report back with the results.

Tags
alita, brick, help ereader, likebook alita