Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Device: Poke2, Hisense A5
Inverted screen for Touch HD 3?

Does the PB Touch HD 3 have an inverted screen? (Black background, white letters?)
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Only with 3rd party software (Coolreader, Koreader).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Ah ok. And it works good in the dark with the backlight on?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't understand your question.
For me it is working fine with Coolreader.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
wizz
Enthusiast

What I meant was that with using backlight it might not work as well. I have read somewhere that with some ereaders it could be a problem. But if it's working fine for you, than it seems ok.
Thanks for answering!
Cheers.
Advert
Old 03-22-2019, 01:48 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru

In the dark this inverted screen mode is the best you can get without other tools. I use it but prefer to have a lamp if possible since this is less eye straining. But that has nothing to do with the device. The pocketbook light can be adjusted fine too.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
Pavati
Pavati began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Koreader's night mode works OK in my opinion. I don't use it personally because I feel there's too much contrast for me (white letters on black) and I feel more comfortable when I minimize the lightning to minimum when reading without any external light sources at night.
Pavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:55 AM   #8
wizz
Enthusiast

I have the HD3 now and the black screen with white letters works fine in Koreader. Im happy with the device and its overall functionality.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #9
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
For me, CoolReader is more stable and can completely replace the native reader. It's only a bit of a hassle to configure it then it works.

Only thing which is not working properly yet:*dictionnaries (see other threads about that). And, like you, my main motivation was to have an inverted screen.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote