Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #1
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Dialog not refreshing properly after changing line spacing

In the latest nightly (v2020.07.1-38) I find that the dialog doesn't refresh properly after I change the line spacing on my KA1. Anyone else noticed this?

Here's a photo of the screen as taking a screenshot refreshes the screen/dialog.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
In the latest nightly (v2020.07.1-38) I find that the dialog doesn't refresh properly after I change the line spacing on my KA1. Anyone else noticed this?

Here's a photo of the screen as taking a screenshot refreshes the screen/dialog.
Try one of the nightly builds.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
@sladflob: I have no problems with the refresh on my Libra H2O using the same nightly v2020.07.1-38, so it seems not to be a general problem with this build.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's a race between drawing and refreshing. Happens sometimes (especially on Kobos, we have an extra "fence" mechanism available on Kindle to deal with that), there's no perfect solution without making the UI slower.

(I've also noticed it somewhat a bit more in these areas recently on a Mk. 7. Which is usually a good sign: it means stuff got faster ^^).

----

@Jon: Read the post you quoted. It'll make sense.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:16 PM   #5
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's a race between drawing and refreshing. Happens sometimes (especially on Kobos, we have an extra "fence" mechanism available on Kindle to deal with that)
OK, that's good to know (kinda). I was wondering if my KA1 was on its last legs. Seems to only happen with some books - I'm guessing longer ones which have to reformat more text?
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, it's (mostly) pure coincidence (i.e., the behavior is the very definition of a race condition ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote