Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #16
MciMc8
MciMc8 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
I read one post where an inkpad owner took it in and had the battery checked and found to be good. What you say makes sense in that originally I thought the battery was depleting too fast. What complicates things is that the battery is showing 90 to 100% charge. This is like the crime fiction stuff I read -- sifting through the distracting material to find which bits point to the culprit. Anybody disassemble an Inkpad 3 to replace the battery. I don't think there are any Pocketbook techs in Victoria. Unfortunately, it is also expensive in Victoria to get work done -- could cost 40 dollars just to get the battery checked.
So, if the battery reading is incorrect and not really charging the battery (defective units?), then it makes sense -- a very low charge = 5 to ten minutes of use then it shuts down. But shouldn't there be a low battery warning?
MciMc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #17
MciMc8
MciMc8 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Response from Pocketbook support is that I contact the seller to get it repaired. Right now the firmware reinstall fixed some glitches but I can only use my Inkpad when connected to power. Turns off really fast when disconnected from power. THanks for all the responses. I am a little surprised that no one else seems to have run into this problem; or rather, wish that someone else had this problem and has the solution.
MciMc8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, firmware, freeze, inkpad