Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #46
jcs80196
jcs80196 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs80196 View Post
The Amazon firmware version is : Kindle 5.3.7.2 (2368910001).
Computers are very strange sometimes : i have restarted the kindle (i was in Kindle OS) with USB cable connected and the system has restarted with Kindle OS (and not duokan).
I have disconnected the cable and this time "Update your Kindle" is active and i have successfully jailbroken my Kindle Touch (i have the message : **** JAILBREAK ****).

Thanks for your support.
jcs80196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #47
PieMan597
Still a pie
PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, OnePlus 7 Pro
Or just use kubrick to jailbreak it......
PieMan597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #48
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
He got it working
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
Which will sort of screw up the Doukan install.
Then the MR jailbreak will have to be removed to re-install Doukan.
and then ....

Answer may have been just found in post above: "un-plug the USB cable and re-boot".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:25 AM   #50
dasein
dasein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and PW
FYI, the new version of Duokan 2014 (9-11) can be installed on 9017 pw2 kindles. I have tried it myself. I don't recommend it for everyone since it will severely limit your options when running from the kindle os.

To install on 9017 devices, you will need to downgrade amazon fw to 5.4.3.2 first. In the past, this would not be a problem because duokan would normally work even after kindle fw updates. However, with duokan installed, the option to update kindle is greyed out at least for 9017 devices. I tried forcing the update back to 5.4.5.1 by doing the restart method. It did successfully update back, but it breaks the duokan install. I tried to run it with kual duokan launcher. Does not work.

Basically, this means with duokan 2014 installed on 9017 pw2 devices you will only be able to run 5.4.3.2. Unfortunately, this means no kindlet support. You will be limited to using only duokan or what 5.4.3.2 officially supports.

For now, I am going to stick with my jailbroken 5.4.5.1.
dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 04:35 AM   #51
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your report.

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #52
JSam
JSam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing less than their refusal to follow the requirements of the Open Source software licenses of the Open Source software they use.
Just try to get them to release the sources (with their modifications) of those parts of the software they are required to do so by the terms of the license.
Plus, they "borrow" our work without acknowledgment or credit.
Yup - we are a bit hot about the subject here.
They actually did acknowledge or credit... At the very end of their Acknowledgment.
I live in China, and I know very well the style of Xiaomi (since Xiaomi bought Duokan). They like to "borrow" things. They "borrowed" the User Interface from Apple, downloader from Xunlei, Security from LBE, and they even "borrowed" their motto from Apple.
For Kindle users: there is no point for using Duokan (Chinese users too, since Amazon had Chinese version already).
JSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

The **Official** Chinese government position is full support and recognition of Intellectual Property rights (IP).

But it is a huge country (both in size and in population) to govern.
It takes time for "the word" to get to everyone involved.

And the government has IP issues much more important than the GPLv2 licensed works.
If that issue is even on their list of things to correct, I expect it will take a generation or two for the government to work their way down to our complaints.
So we complainers just get to wait our turn.

And maybe influence a project or two by our direct complaints where the project people can see them.

Tags
2014, duokan