Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Got A Nook

Just got my Nook tonight & after a few glitches that tech support via the 1-800 fixed, I was up & running. So I ordered my first book through B&N. And waited for it to appear in my library...& waited. So I went to the B&N site & checked my account & it said it would take 60 minutes for my book to download to my Nook. Is this normal time?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Just got my Nook tonight & after a few glitches that tech support via the 1-800 fixed, I was up & running. So I ordered my first book through B&N. And waited for it to appear in my library...& waited. So I went to the B&N site & checked my account & it said it would take 60 minutes for my book to download to my Nook. Is this normal time?
no, no, no, if it's more than 60 seconds to download something must be wrong. I downloaded 20 books in about 10 minutes that I can remember.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah sounds like a site issue, downloading a book usually takes less than a minute.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Thanks. It actually downloaded quicker than that. But it said at the B&N site it would be 60 minutes. I finally read the instructions & found it. Guess I got to excited. Always read instructions first
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
I've found they are on the device by the time I can get from the Shop menu over to the Library menu and check. Are you sure it didn't say 60 SECONDS? Because it only takes a few seconds.

Then again, if you bought it from the website, not directly through the device, perhaps the device only polls the website for new books once an hour. But you can always select CHECK FOR NEW B&N CONTENT in the Library menu.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Always read instructions first***

Nah ... much more fun the other way around. Good to have your company, Pomtroll. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Thanks. It actually downloaded quicker than that. But it said at the B&N site it would be 60 minutes. I finally read the instructions & found it. Guess I got to excited. Always read instructions first
Read instructions? Can't you get summoned before the UnAmerican Activities Committee for stuff like that? I'll bet joltin' Joe McCarthy and Richard "Not a crook" Nixon never read instructions.
It says here "never hire Cuban nationals for your dirty work, close the curtains first when breaking and entering, and shut of the stupid tape recorders when you might say something incrimination. Reading this is a waste of time.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 07-09-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote