Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-09-2024, 05:31 PM   #1
wildchild1954
Connoisseur
wildchild1954 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
Why is the ToC apart from the Reader?

I use the Calibre ebook reader on my PC to read epubs when I'm at home instead of using my tablet. I have a real problem with the fact that the Table of Content for an epub is NOT opening in the reader but separately on my desktop.

How can I get that to open in the reader like it used to do?
wildchild1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 05:39 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Since your image does not open, I'm guessing you undocked the ToC pane. To redock it, simply double click on the ToC pane's title line. I've attached two images to see if they look like what you want and what you are seeing.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2024, 06:53 PM   #3
wildchild1954
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've attached two images to see if they look like what you want and what you are seeing.
There are no images in your post!

Since this won't show the photo I was trying to insert then use this link to see it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...00330134153196
Old 03-09-2024, 08:43 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
simply double click the title bar on the loose TOC pane. That should redock it
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 10:36 PM   #5
wildchild1954
Connoisseur

Double clicking on anything in the ToC pane gets me absolutely nothing.

And if I right-click on the first thing listed, which for my current epub is Title Page, gets me a drop-down menu of Expand all items under Title Page; Expand all items; Collapse all items; and Copy table of contents to clipboard.

Last edited by wildchild1954; 03-09-2024 at 10:39 PM.
Advert
Old 03-09-2024, 10:40 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open the viewer controls, and click the button labelled Reset interface
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:47 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That displayed page appears as if you are showing a HTML table of contents not the machine use table of contents. The machine ToC appear to be off to the side with the title bar out of view. You will have to drag/shrink the ToC window to get to the title bar into view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_viewer_default.png
Views:	31
Size:	816.9 KB
ID:	206811   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_viewer_ToC_undocked.png
Views:	29
Size:	914.6 KB
ID:	206812   Click image for larger version

Name:	undocked_ToC.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	509.9 KB
ID:	206813  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-09-2024 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:34 AM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
@DNSB: Interesting desktop wallpaper...
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:45 AM   #9
wildchild1954
Connoisseur

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It took some finagling to get the ToC window to shrink so I could get at that title bar but once I could the double-click did indeed redock it to the reader! Makes it sooo much easier to use considering I have two 40" monitors and if I have the reader open on the right hand monitor and the ToC shows up on the left edge of the left monitor it got kind of fun!
Old 03-10-2024, 12:45 AM   #10
wildchild1954
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@DNSB: Interesting desktop wallpaper...
That's my husband who died back on 04/17/2021
Old 03-10-2024, 12:53 AM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild1954 View Post
That's my husband who died back on 04/17/2021
Condolences. I didn't realize that it was a repost of the image you tried to put.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:37 AM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

My condolences as well. Losing a spouse is a very painful experience.

Glad that your problem is now solved.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:00 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild1954 View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It took some finagling to get the ToC window to shrink so I could get at that title bar but once I could the double-click did indeed redock it to the reader! Makes it sooo much easier to use considering I have two 40" monitors and if I have the reader open on the right hand monitor and the ToC shows up on the left edge of the left monitor it got kind of fun!
2@ 40" Monitors. (many of my friends think my 24"'s are over the top)
I run my preview, spell check (in the Editor), and saved searches detached to the second monitor. Its a desktop, so why not mimic, my real one, with stuff everywhere
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote