Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2024, 08:52 AM   #1
icrhodes1
icrhodes1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
are books actually deleted from the hard drive

I convert books to mobi format and then delete the epub file as I only use kindle readers.

I use everything to search my drives and it shows about 400 .epub files still on my hard drive but they are not visible in the file folder and everything does not let me delete then, says cannot be found.

Any ideas or help please

Thanks in anticipation
icrhodes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 09:54 AM   #2
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Calibre has a 'Restore recently deleted' (AKA trash can) feature.

The deleted epubs are in a '.caltrash' directory in the library. They'll automatically be purged after a configurable number of days (14 by default?). I assume only if Calibre is running. (And if that library is open?)

If you invoke the 'Remove books' > 'Restore recently deleted' action, there's a 'Clear' button on the dialog to empty the trash immediately. You can also set the 'number of days' to 'on close'.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2024, 10:16 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
As an aside only the original Kindle, K2, DX and DXG should be using mobi. Use AZW3.

Calibre has it's own trash system because system trash can't restore metadata. As @JimmXinu writes, there are settings.

Also the Calibre editor, viewer and conversions mostly work best with epub, so they should be kept.

I've about 6500+ titles, mostly PD. A few decent videos or ISOs take more space.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote