Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #736
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Is it possible for more than one level of submenuing? Menu/Submenu and Menu.Submenu just created a separate menu.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #737
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yes. But you have to use ::: as a separator.

Code:
Menu:::submenu
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2021, 04:53 AM   #738
zaroz
zaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Is it possible to execute other chains from within a different one? I have a bunch of chains for parsing tags to add specific values to custom columns. It would be nice to be able to chain them sequentially on a single keypress, rather than taking up a dozen keys.

Also, is it possible to export chain configs? It would be nice to be able to backup/share my builds?
zaroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:05 AM   #739
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaroz View Post
Is it possible to execute other chains from within a different one? I have a bunch of chains for parsing tags to add specific values to custom columns. It would be nice to be able to chain them sequentially on a single keypress, rather than taking up a dozen keys.
Yes, it is possible. Check this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaroz View Post
Also, is it possible to export chain configs? It would be nice to be able to backup/share my builds?
Action Chains > Add/Modify Chains > Select the chain(s) you want to export > right click > export.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #740
Hortensia
Enthusiast
Hortensia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Using the Event Manager, is it possible to execute a chain after running the FanFicFare plugin?

I checked my Jobs list after running FanFicFare and it produces a download and a convert action. I think that if it could be checked that these two actions are executed, then it could trigger the chain execution.

I am trying to use capink's post on the module editor:
Quote:
Here is an example of how to add extra events using the plugin's module editor, you do it by returning the signal associated with the event.

Code:

from calibre_plugins.action_chains.events import ChainEvent

class SearchChanged(ChainEvent):

# replace with the name of your event
name = 'Search Changed'

def get_event_signal(self):
return self.gui.search.changed
Where can I find the events "book downloaded" and "book converted"? And should both events simply be listed one after the other instead of
Code:
or is something need to say "and"?

Thank you!

EDIT:
The "Books Added" event works for this purpose. I had seen there was a wait time but I had not realised how long it was and I did not waited long enough for the action to be triggered.

Last edited by Hortensia; 10-16-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Hortensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #741
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortensia View Post
Using the Event Manager, is it possible to execute a chain after running the FanFicFare plugin?

I checked my Jobs list after running FanFicFare and it produces a download and a convert action. I think that if it could be checked that these two actions are executed, then it could trigger the chain execution.

I am trying to use capink's post on the module editor:

Where can I find the events "book downloaded" and "book converted"?
There are no "book downloaded" and "book converted" events. You will have to write these yourself. Events in Action Chains are based on pyqt signals, so unless FanFicFare plugin provides signals for these events (I don't think it does), you cannot write your event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortensia View Post
And should both events simply be listed one after the other instead of
Code:
or is something need to say "and"?
you should return only one signal per event. If you want the same event to be triggered in response to more than one signal, you have to create your own signal that is triggered by all the other signals, and return that signal in the get_event_signal() method.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:11 PM   #742
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quick question: Making a quick keyboard-shortcut chain to show a saved search (using a selection modifier) and sort by a certain column (Calibre action for sort by). But if I run it more than once it errors:

Code:
Menu entry: Last Read (plugin_name: Sort By) cannot be found
I'm not sure why this happens. Would this be better served by a module?

(I considered View Manager, but there's no option to just apply the sort and leave the columns alone.)

EDIT: This might be because the sort action changes to "Sort By > ColumnName [reverse current sort]" after you run it once. Seeing as I'd prefer to always have it sort descending, would this still be better with a module?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ApplySortTest.zip (526 Bytes, 91 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-18-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #743
Hortensia
Enthusiast

Chain Caller starting next action before previous one is ended

Thanks capink for your previous answer.

I have a chain relying on the Chain caller which does the following:
  1. Select all my books
  2. Call a chain to clean my library from the books I already read
  3. Call a chain to prepare the new books to be sent to the Kindle
  4. Call a chain to send the books to the Kindle
  5. Call a chain to eject the device
The chain caller does not wait for the action 2 to be completed before starting action 3, nor does it wait for action 4 to be completed before starting action 5. However, it always wait for action 3 to be completed before starting action 4.

Does anyone know why this might be?

As a workaround, I added "Confirm" actions between the problematic actions to "manually wait". In the first case, I wait for the progress bar of action 2 to be completed (Action Chains progress bar) and in the second case, I wait for the Calibre Jobs to be completed.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:54 AM   #744
capink
Wizard

• In chain no. (2): Go to the action that removes books, and tick the option: "Wait until any progress bar shown by action finishes".
  • In chain no. (4): Go to the action that sends books, and tick the option: "Wait until any jobs started by selected action finishes".
Old 10-23-2021, 07:23 AM   #745
Hortensia
Enthusiast

Thank you!

It solves the problem for the chain no. (2) but not for the no. (4). I will leave my confirmation check then.

EDIT: When sending books to the device (chain no. 4), the option "Wait until any jobs started by selected action finishes" does wait for the books to be sent to the device but not for the subsequent action of "Sending metadata to device".

Last edited by Hortensia; 10-25-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:06 PM   #746
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Question: Can Selection Modifier be used to re-do the currently existing search, regardless of what it is? Mostly to remove now-invalid entries from the search after changing metadata - resorting doesn't do this.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:20 AM   #747
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: Can Selection Modifier be used to re-do the currently existing search, regardless of what it is? Mostly to remove now-invalid entries from the search after changing metadata - resorting doesn't do this.
Code:
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.actions.base import ChainAction

class RefreshSearch(ChainAction):

name = 'Refresh Current Search'

def run(self, gui, settings, chain):
        gui.search.do_search()
Old 11-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #748
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thank you.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #749
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Impressive plugin, it has been very useful to me
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:01 AM   #750
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
Impressive plugin, it has been very useful to me
Thanks. Glad it helped you.