Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Anyone Kobo Aura One to Oasis 2?

I’ve been using Kobo Aura One and love the device but miss the Kindle ecosystem. Anyone get Oasis 2 and able to speak to whether the smaller screen is frustrating or is 7inch close enough?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I have both and find the Kindle Oasis a big improvement over the 6" screen e-readers but it will be a matter of personal taste. For years my primary reader has been the Kindle DX which makes both the Kindle Oasis 2 and Kobo Aura One screens seem small.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
terendel
Enthusiast
terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terendel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Oasis 2
I've found that the 7" screen is close enough. It was hard going from my Aura One to my old Paperwhite, but I don't have that problem with the Oasis 2. I really like my Oasis 2 and am having to find reasons to use my Aura One, even though I buy most of my books from Kobo.

I think you'll be find, especially if you prefer the Kindle ecosystem.

I think the thing I like most about the Oasis 2 is how easy it is to switch from left to right-handed reading. Just flip the device and no messing around with settings.
terendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
I use Kobo Aura One and Oasis 2 as my main readers. Aura One has significantly bigger screen, and to me seems also significantly bigger overall, and I use it only for night reading because the orange/reddish colour in the night seems gentle to my eyes, more than the Oasis at night.
During the day I only use Oasis 2 because it's easier for me to handle it, has great dictionaries which work brilliantly in word selection and also has great highlighting possibilities which all for me lack in Aura One (I read only kepubs on Aura, no epubs).
I need dictionaries because I read books in English and Japanese which are not my mother tongue, and I also read a lot of nonfiction where I often highlight text, which doesn't really work for me well in Aura One.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote