Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Mobipocket or Ereader for Sony 500?

I just bought a sony reader - a 500 - from someone here on mobileread.com, and it's a delight.

I've spotted a couple of books (at surprisingly reasonable as opposed to ridiculous prices) on booksonboard.com, and wondered if there was a preferable format to download for the 500, prior to running through the calibre software. As I understand it so far, my options come down to mobipocket or ereader: does either of them produce better results, or do they come out about the same?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Microsoft Reader (LIT) format should be your #1 choice for conversion - provided you're using a Windows PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Microsoft Reader (LIT) format should be your #1 choice for conversion - provided you're using a Windows PC.
I use Linux almost exclusively, but still prefer .lit. The conversion software is multiplatform: I've used it under Linux, OS X and Windows XP.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I use Linux almost exclusively, but still prefer .lit. The conversion software is multiplatform: I've used it under Linux, OS X and Windows XP.
Yes, but you can't buy DRMed MS Reader e-books while running Linux. Or is there a way?
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not that I know of. You need a Windows PC with Internet Explorer and an "activated" copy of Microsoft Reader to buy DRM-enhanced LIT books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert