Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #721
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
Error installing updated plugin

Updated Calibre to 1.6 today. Saw that there was an update for this plugin. Tried to install and got the following error:

calibre, version 1.6.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

I'm on a Mac Desktop using OSX 10.6.8. Last installed version 1.5 of the Kobo Touch Extended Driver. What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #722
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
Updated Calibre to 1.6 today. Saw that there was an update for this plugin. Tried to install and got the following error:

calibre, version 1.6.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

I'm on a Mac Desktop using OSX 10.6.8. Last installed version 1.5 of the Kobo Touch Extended Driver. What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
Wait until next Friday when the problem with Calibre will be fixed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #723
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
What problem with calibre? I don't see a thread or a bug report.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #724
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
What problem with calibre? I don't see a thread or a bug report.
Perhaps it's the same problem which gives a lot of dialog boxes with "Index out of range" when I switch the library, and I have to kill calibre from the task manager (Windows).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #725
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
After reading some of the earlier posts, I'm thinking I *WON'T* upgrade the plugin at all. I like that it converts my sideloaded epubs to kepubs with all the various stats and I don't want to lose any of that.
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #726
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin has nothing to do with it. It's your Kobo firmware version that matters. If you want to keep your stats, upgrade the plugin and don't upgrade your Kobo firmware past 2.8.0.

Just be aware that because of limitations in resources and timeI can only support the latest plugin version using the latest official calibre release and the latest official firmware for the Aura and the Glo/Aura HD/Mini/Touch.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #727
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I put 2.9.0 onto my Glo and I have lost the ability to view stats inside of books. It is, however, still keeping track of them. With .kepubs sent using this plugin, it will give me an estimated time remaining for the currently reading book on the home screen, while normal .epubs will not.

I have been noticing more and more problems opening .kepubs that are mid-way being read on both 2.8.1(a) and 2.9.0. I'm not sure if it's a book structure issue, .kepub plugin issue, or some odd combination of both.

On the book I'm currently reading, if I return to the home screen when I'm on "Chapter 2 - Open – Page 40 of 67", when I return to the book it freezes on a white screen which I get past by bringing up the top menu and dismissing it. It then displays the last page of the chapter and says it's "Chapter 2 - Open – Page 80 of 67"

Hmmm...

Can anyone direct me how to use Sigil to verify the integrity/structure of an .epub so I can rule out pre-existing problems that might be pumped into the .kepub plugin?
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #728
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
I put 2.9.0 onto my Glo and I have lost the ability to view stats inside of books. It is, however, still keeping track of them. With .kepubs sent using this plugin, it will give me an estimated time remaining for the currently reading book on the home screen, while normal .epubs will not.
Known issue Probably also present in 2.8.1b but I haven't confirmed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
Can anyone direct me how to use Sigil to verify the integrity/structure of an .epub so I can rule out pre-existing problems that might be pumped into the .kepub plugin?
Download and install Sigil. I chose to associate .epub files with Sigil, but you don't have to. Open the ePub in Sigil and there's a green check mark button in the toolbar that will validate the ePub and display every little thing that violates the ePub specs.

Fixing the issues is a series of directions that could fill pages
Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #729
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Is there any perspective if the no stats issue from the 2.9.0 firmware can be fixed in the future?

Once again awesome work with the plugin, I really love it how now all my epubs simply work with my Glo, no need to resize the fonts every time I read a different ebook. So thanks

To make my Kobo experience perfect would be a hack that allow to use dropbox or some kind of personal server alongside or instead of the kobo, to sync sideloaded ebooks, reading positions, notes and highlights between devices.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #730
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The no stats is inherent IN the firmware itself; not in the book being read.

We were led to believe at one point that Kobo was revisiting the issue, but we've seen no change or indication that a change is planned.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #731
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstone View Post
To make my Kobo experience perfect would be a hack that allow to use dropbox or some kind of personal server alongside or instead of the kobo, to sync sideloaded ebooks, reading positions, notes and highlights between devices.
Pay attention to the Kobo Developer sub-forum (in the Kobo Reader forum) and the Kobo reader forum. I'm not sure exactly what's available but there may be something similar to what you're looking for. Don't expect to sync annotations though, they're in the database itself I believe.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #732
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The no stats is inherent IN the firmware itself; not in the book being read.

We were led to believe at one point that Kobo was revisiting the issue, but we've seen no change or indication that a change is planned.
I got that, but maybe there could be some kind of exploit that the plugin could access or make the devide/firmware believe the ebooks were true kepubs, instead of just sideloaded kepubs.

Quote:
Pay attention to the Kobo Developer sub-forum (in the Kobo Reader forum) and the Kobo reader forum. I'm not sure exactly what's available but there may be something similar to what you're looking for. Don't expect to sync annotations though, they're in the database itself I believe.
The only one I've found similar to it, was a Google Drive hack, that allowed to send ebooks wireless to Kobo, but it's not a two way sync, and it would make using your plugin impossible. Maybe in the future, who knows.
For now I'm not investing in kobo ebooks and have turned wi-fi off so as to not upgrade firmware and loose the plugin features
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #733
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstone View Post
I got that, but maybe there could be some kind of exploit that the plugin could access or make the devide/firmware believe the ebooks were true kepubs, instead of just sideloaded kepubs.
I'm working on it, but don't expect much. It looks like a database hack is needed, which is going to be fragile assuming I can even get anything working.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #734
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Known issue Probably also present in 2.8.1b but I haven't confirmed that.
Well, if they don't appear in side-loaded .kepubs but do appear in Kobo-supplied ePubs, there's probably only 3 options:

1. There's a database flag to enable the showing of statistics.
2. There's code within the book itself that enables the showing of statistics.
3. The device has a "list" of books that is supplied by Kobo that tells it which books to display stats with.

Option 3 seems unlikely, and Option 1 & 2 could probably be worked around. It's just a matter of digging to see what's going on. Makes me wish I had more time to actually do some of the digging.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #735
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or infomation could be added to another table, such as an event of a book being downloaded from Kobo.

I will admit I've very mixed feelings about attempts to reverse engineer and re-activate the stats display for side-loaded kEpubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one