Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #676
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll try to discover how to do it and I'll put it
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #677
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
As a workaround, update calibre to the latest version
Thank you. As a workaround, I've unchecked "Modify css", that it wasn't intended to be checked in the beginning I'm a bit "picky" with my updates
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #678
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
So, I've uploaded 2.2.8 which properly indicates the calibre version supported

Attached to this post is a ZIP file for 2.2.7 which removes the support for the new Aura device. You'll have to install it manually (plugin settings, "Load plugin from file") but this should work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (12.4 KB, 159 views)
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #679
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The only thing to keep in mind, the rules are always added at the end of every stylesheet in the book. There's a bug open right now asking to have an option to add rules to the beginning of a stylesheet instead.
I'm hesitating on this request as I am not sure how useful it is. If anyone else does want it, can they comment on the enhancement request.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #680
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea, I'm also uncertain about the utility of this. All you could do is set defaults, which would seem to defeat the purpose of forcing the book to look the way you want. Either way, it came in so I sent it off to you
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #681
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Yea, I'm also uncertain about the utility of this. All you could do is set defaults, which would seem to defeat the purpose of forcing the book to look the way you want.
Yes, I feel there is a contradiction in there.
Quote:
Either way, it came in so I sent it off to you
Which is exactly what I would have done to
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #682
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
I've got version 1.5 of the driver installed and I'm trying to update to 2.2.8, but I keep getting an error. Calibre is updated to 1.3

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #683
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Check the Known Issues; it sounds like one of them is biting you.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Known Issues
If you have previously installed this plugin in calibre 0.9.18 or earlier, then you upgrade to calibre 0.9.19 or later and can't update the plugin, you must manually replace the plugin ZIP file:
  • Download the latest version of the code.
  • Generate a new plugin ZIP file. Do not use the calibre-customize method.
  • Shut down calibre entirely.
  • Open the calibre plugin directory.
    • Don't know where this is? Before you close calibre, open calibre's preferences, choose Miscellaneous, and click the Open calibre configuration directory button. The plugin directory is in there.
  • Replace the file named KoboTouchExtended.zip with the new version you created. Please make sure the file name remains the same.

If you get an error similar to the following:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 169, in load
File "importlib__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 147, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 4
<!DOCTYPE html>
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
The solution is to read the README file from top to bottom

In some circumstances people have reported that while reading a book uploaded with this plugin they suddenly realize that a large amount of time (two hours or more) has passed without their awareness of the passage of time. The only known solution is to finish reading your current book. Voracious readers tend to report this issue more frequently. Please note, sleep is only a temporary resolution.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #684
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

The error says that the plugin would be uninstalled. Was it? If not, uninstall the plugin, restart calibre, then install the plugin again. This won't affect your settings.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #685
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Version 2.2.9 has just been posted. Sometime within the next few hours, calibre should notify you of an update. Notable changes are:
  • Support for Kobo firmware 2.9.0
  • Requires calibre 1.3.0 or later

This version also goes out with a huge thank you to everyone who's donated so far! Thanks to you, I've been able to purchase an Aura and I can start working on issues affecting the Aura directly! The first major issue is that with firmware 2.9.0, sideloaded KePub files no longer display the in-book statistics. The percentage complete, estimated time remaining, and number of pages are shown, but that's all.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #686
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Version 2.2.9 has just been posted. Sometime within the next few hours, calibre should notify you of an update. Notable changes are:
  • Support for Kobo firmware 2.9.0
  • Requires calibre 1.3.0 or later

This version also goes out with a huge thank you to everyone who's donated so far! Thanks to you, I've been able to purchase an Aura and I can start working on issues affecting the Aura directly! The first major issue is that with firmware 2.9.0, sideloaded KePub files no longer display the in-book statistics. The percentage complete, estimated time remaining, and number of pages are shown, but that's all.
jgoguen... be sure that it's a plugin issue and not a firmware issue before doing anything.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #687
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From what I remember the stats have been deactivated for non Kobo kEpubs. I'm sure this was discussed on the beta.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #688
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
From what I remember the stats have been deactivated for non Kobo kEpubs. I'm sure this was discussed on the beta.
The only thing which I don't remember to stay is the remaining time. The other, I'm well aware
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #689
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
That sounds incredibly mean of Kobo. The stats were a major reason why I convert all my epubs to kepub !

I can see I won't be updating beyond 2.81 if this sort of sillyness continues.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #690
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I suspect it's a database flag. I've taken a copy of my Glo database at 2.8.1 and the Aura database at 2.9.0, and made sure the Aura database had KePubs from Kobo in it, so hopefully there's something I can do. It may just take a while to figure anything out

While I don't like that Kobo did this, I keep saying that this plugin enables accessing a renderer that Kobo doesn't want us to access, using files the renderer was never intended to handle converted to a (likely) incomplete and inaccurate facsimile of the native Kobo format, all by adding books in a way Kobo has no obligation to support. For now, I'll just be happy that they didn't break KePub sideloading entirely

Tags
error, kobo aura one