Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #631
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific than "not working"? How is it not working? Is there already a bug reported for the issue? If not, did you submit a bug?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #632
McKn33
McKn33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C Model)
I did submit the bug report. The plugin converts my books into the kobo epub format just fine, but when I try to configure the plugin to send custom covers and sync my shelves like the stock kobo plugin it gives me the error in the report.

EDIT: As far as I could tell it's just me and MarciaCat who are experiencing this issue.

Sorry for being unclear.

Last edited by McKn33; 08-23-2013 at 02:30 PM.
McKn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #633
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had hoped to look at this tonight, but other commitments may force me to put that off. If I can, I will.

There are two ways to get to the plugin configuration, can you let me know how you're getting to it?
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #634
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I installed calibre portable and your plugin. Disabled David's driver and restarted Calibre.

Then went to Preferences | Plugins , selected Device Interface Plugins and then your driver. Selected Customize and got the same error as the others.

Running in Debug mode produced the following:
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.0 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 4.35 seconds with 1 books
calibre 1.0 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 286, in customize_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 361, in modify_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 132, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\deviceconfig.py", line 84, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device_drivers\configwidget.py", line 40, in __init__
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'set' and 'list'
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #635
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Awesome thanks. Once I fix it, maybe I can find out why it only breaks on freak installs...
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #636
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
If all you want is to make shelves out of calibre tags, the main KoboTouch driver does that.
Thanks! I went back and got that all set up very easily.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #637
McKn33
McKn33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C Model)
Yay, It works now! Thank you very much for fixing the issue!
McKn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #638
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

since a few days I have problems transfering some books to my Kobo Aura HD.
Most books have no problems at all, only a few have problems.
The error message in Calibre is:
Quote:
Failed to find obfuscation key

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1855, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 164, in _modify_epub
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 528, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 577, in process_encryption
InvalidBook: Failed to find obfuscation key
As far as I can say there is no DRM on the books.
I made a bug report in launchpad and attached one epub.

Calibre 1.0, kobotouchextended 2.2.4, Kobo Aura HD FW 2.6.1

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #639
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

That looks very much like a bug in calibre or a bad book. I've indicated such in the bug, and I tried to move it over to the calibre project, but of course since it's Private I can't see it now to verify it went over properly As the reporter, you should be able to see it, but now it'll be in calibre's bug list (https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre).
Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #640
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
That looks very much like a bug in calibre or a bad book. I've indicated such in the bug, and I tried to move it over to the calibre project, but of course since it's Private I can't see it now to verify it went over properly As the reporter, you should be able to see it, but now it'll be in calibre's bug list (https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre).
Thank you!
I got response from Kovid Goyal, the book had some strange font information in it. An epub-to-epub conversion fixed the problem.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #641
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
Thank you!
I got response from Kovid Goyal, the book had some strange font information in it. An epub-to-epub conversion fixed the problem.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

f.
I recently had a book that did the same. An epub-to-epub conversion fixed it for me as well.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #642
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
My shelves weren't being synced, figured out why.

Last edited by snowstone; 08-25-2013 at 08:29 PM.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #643
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Are you using the latest version of the plugin? If not, try again. If you are, or if you still have the same problem after upgrading to the latest version, report a bug according to the directions in the first post of this thread.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #644
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Quote:
Are you using the latest version of the plugin? If not, try again. If you are, or if you still have the same problem after upgrading to the latest version, report a bug according to the directions in the first post of this thread.
I forgot the shelves options where setup in the customize options of the plugin. Since the first time I configured calibre when I firt got my kobo I didn't mess with the configurations.

I reuploaded my collection and everything's working great now. Wish I'd known about this plugin sooner

To make this perfect would be for a way to sync my Kobo Glo with Calibre wirelessly, and anywhere. Unfortunately that is still only possible with kobo purchased ebooks.

Last edited by snowstone; 08-25-2013 at 08:45 PM.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #645
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hey jgougen, I'm using the latest version of your driver, and suddenly it seems to not be adding in the CSS stored in kobo_extra.css in the root of my Glo. Any suggestions?
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one