Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #616
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Unable to open some books

Suddenly (probable as in after updated calibre/plugins) some newly transfered books cannot be opened on my Aura.
I have tried several books and it seems to be just some. If I disable the extended plugin they all work. They are all readable from Calibre.

Kobo Aura, 2.8.1
Calibre 0.9.43-64bit
Kobo touchextendend 2.1.0

Any ideas?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #617
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Please submit a bug (see the first post for details) and be sure to include the calibre debug log from sending one of these books to the Aura, and attach to the bug both the original ePub from the calibre library and the generated KePub file from the device (or the copy from using the plugin option to copy generated KePub files). Specific directions are in the first post of this thread and when creating your bug report.

Unfortunately, a lot of bugs involving KePub files on the Aura are specific to the Aura and I don't have one to test with, so you may need to do a bit of testing back and forth with me.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #618
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EDIT: Versions released, see the appropriate threads.

Last edited by jgoguen; 08-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #619
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Either no one else has tried it or it's just that awesome, so I've posted it as the next release. Look for calibre to warn you about the update soon!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #620
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
New test version up for grabs. See attached files or the build directions in the README. This release allows setting default conversion options from calibre's preferences.
What's the significance?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #621
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If you don't like the defaults I've chosen for you, you can change them once in calibre's preferences so that you don't have to change them every time you convert a book. That's also not relevant to the driver plugin, only the conversion plugin, which now has it's own thread.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #622
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I tried it last weekend with a couple of books, but since I have windows xp and you requested that the testers to not have xp I kept quiet, but in any case it worked great, after several weeks not being able to send kepubs to the glo I tried the new plugin, converted the books and send it, whereas before I couldn’t because the error in caliber appeared when the conversion was taking place and so the kepubs were never done. I will convert some more this weekend and leave feedback then after using it a bit more.

I must confess that not seeing activity in this thread for a few days I was thinking that maybe the new addition to your family had arrived.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #623
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I didn't ask Windows XP users to be quiet (BobC is a WinXP user), what I said was that Windows XP users may be excluded from using the Powershell script to generate the plugin files. I also said that I'm quite sorry that you're running an OS that's very close to being 12 years old
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #624
McKn33
McKn33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C Model)
Can't Configure/Customize Plugin

I recently discovered your plugin but I'm having a problem. Whenever I attempt to configure/customize the plugin like the default Kobo plugin I get this error message:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'set' and 'list'

calibre 0.9.44 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 932, in configure_connected_device
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 132, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\deviceconfig.py", line 84, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device_drivers\configwidget.py", line 40, in __init__
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'set' and 'list'
I've reinstalled the plugin both via calibre and zip file, made sure the default plugin is disabled, still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The plugin works fine converting my epubs into kobo epubs, but doesn't allow me to configure the plugin itself.

Kobo Touch (N905C Model)
Firmware 2.8.1
calibre 0.9.4.4 (64 bit)

Last edited by McKn33; 08-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
McKn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #625
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Please submit a bug report per directions in first post. Not at my computer tonight, will investigate tomorrow night.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #626
McKn33

Just sent in the bug report.
Thanks for looking into this issue.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #627
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I just got my Aura today (I love it so far!) and went to install this plug-in (this enables me to calibre tags to make shelves right; or is that somewhere else?) It installed fine and I disabled the other two Kobo plug-ins but got the exact same error code and came here to see what's up; guess I'm not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKn33 View Post
I recently discovered your plugin but I'm having a problem. Whenever I attempt to configure/customize the plugin like the default Kobo plugin I get this error message:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'set' and 'list'

calibre 0.9.44 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 932, in configure_connected_device
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 132, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\deviceconfig.py", line 84, in config_widget
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device_drivers\configwidget.py", line 40, in __init__
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'set' and 'list'
I've reinstalled the plugin both via calibre and zip file, made sure the default plugin is disabled, still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The plugin works fine converting my epubs into kobo epubs, but doesn't allow me to configure the plugin itself.

Kobo Touch (N905C Model)
Firmware 2.8.1
calibre 0.9.4.4 (64 bit)
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 AM   #628
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If all you want is to make shelves out of calibre tags, the main KoboTouch driver does that.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #629
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I didn't ask Windows XP users to be quiet (BobC is a WinXP user), what I said was that Windows XP users may be excluded from using the Powershell script to generate the plugin files. I also said that I'm quite sorry that you're running an OS that's very close to being 12 years old
I know I know that it is old but what can I say I like it much better then some off the new windows that I’ve tried and apart from the problem with calibre that appeared after the 0.9.36 version I’m ok with xp.

I chose to keep quiet because with my bad luck the last 2 months I was half expecting to have some kind of problem and since I’m using an almost fossil didn’t want to rock the boat, but since so far it’s going ok, lets keep fingers crossed that it continues this way as I have several books to sent to the glo.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #630
McKn33

Looks like calibre just unveiled version 1.0!

Some neat new features, but the plugin is still not working.

http://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/ten

Tags
error, kobo aura one