Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 08:36 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Transfer book list to iPhone

As my library is steadily growing (506 books), my spotty memory is having trouble accurately remembering all my books and which are pbooks and which are ebooks.

What I would like to do...
Transfer the list of books in my Calibre library so it includes title, author, set, and a custom column which tells me if it is pbook, ebook or both.

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to do that, easily and quickly? So next time I am in a bookstore, I am not buying a book I already own, instead of the next one in the series I don't have yet.

What I don't want...
I don't want the epubs transferred to my iphone.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:43 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Did you take a look at the Catalog feature? I think is under Convert menu.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
+1 Catalog
If you only want Title, Author (and maybe series)
Look at the CSV output (assumes your phone has a spreadsheet). That really allows fine tuning (but no covers)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:14 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Great! Thanks @ownedbycats and @theducks

That works and is good enough. A few steps but only took a couple of minutes.

For anybody that wants to try...
  1. Export the catalog from Calibre, ensuring required columns are selected
  2. Open csv in spreadsheet program and SaveAs to xlsx format
  3. Using Files on the iPhone, copy the xlsx file across to the iPhone or iCloud storage.
  4. Open in Numbers app.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote