Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-08-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
amarie0
Enthusiast
amarie0 doesn't litteramarie0 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle
Max size for internal images?

The latest Apple Books spec says each of your internal images can be up to 5.6 million pixels in size ... that's a little over 6" x 9" at 300 ppi.

I can't find a similar guideline or limit for Kindle/KDP reflowable ebooks. I find lots of specs on cover images but not internal images. I'd imagine they don't care how big they are since you're paying for downloads. But seriously isn't there a spec someplace?

thanks
AM

Last edited by amarie0; 07-08-2023 at 03:19 PM.
amarie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Tried here?

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help?re...dp_TAC_TN_help

It has all the news that's fit to print. There are some number of items that are "known" but not stated and the like, but it's far superior to where it was even a few short years ago.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image file, specifications