Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #211
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Yesterday I encountered a book that looked very odd in html format.

All ' signs were replaces by some sort of grey rectangles about a size of a capial N. All " signs were replaced by black squares about 1/2 size of the mentioned rectangles. More over some of " signs were replaced by some odd sign...when I uploaded the file into BD, it sorted all the problems!
Most probably you got an html where far unicodes are used for common symbols. Then, if a corresponding font installed at your computer does not contain such unicodes, your html browser shows a default symbol (in your case - black squares) instead of not found symbols. When BD processes html's, it replaces such far unicodes by the corresponding ansii.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #212
DocSavage
DocSavage began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I have a .lit file with pictures in it. I have scoured this thread - so forgive me if I missed it, but when I convert to a .lrf file the pictures are not there. In addition when I try to put a cover page picture in the little cover page box nothing shows up. I checked to make sure the boxes that say remove pictures are uncheck.

I am running Vista with Office 2007 - but that does not seem to be causing any problems....
DocSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
I have a .lit file with pictures in it. I have scoured this thread - so forgive me if I missed it, but when I convert to a .lrf file the pictures are not there. In addition when I try to put a cover page picture in the little cover page box nothing shows up. I checked to make sure the boxes that say remove pictures are uncheck.

I am running Vista with Office 2007 - but that does not seem to be causing any problems....
Did you by any chance download the book cleaner files? If so, there was a bug in them that caused LIT graphics not to work properly. There is a new version that fixes this issue. Please redownload and use the new version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #214
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
It causing... Try to re-register the image lib (GflAx.dll, it can be found at the main BD dir).
Old 08-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #215
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

vvv, any new version of BD yet?
Advert
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #216
DocSavage

I tried to reregister (also unregistered and then registered again) and consistantly got this error message.

The module "GflAx.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009

JSWolf - I think I have the latest as I just downloaded it yesterday from the links I found here....

-A
Old 08-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #217
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I tried to reregister (also unregistered and then registered again) and consistently got this error message.

The module "GflAx.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009

JSWolf - I think I have the latest as I just downloaded it yesterday from the links I found here....

-A
Have you installed the latest Book Cleaner files? The previous versions had a bug that caused graphics in LIT not to load. Even if you don't have my BC files and are using BC, still try them. I've gotten graphics from LIT to load now.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #218
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
vvv, any new version of BD yet?
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...esignerExe.zip
Old 08-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #219
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
I tried to reregister (also unregistered and then registered again) and consistantly got this error message.
Copy GflAx.dll to the windows folder and try to register it there. But because I have no Vista installed, I cannot check if it will work.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #220
DocSavage

That rang a bell - so i started the CMD window using the run as administrator option and registered the DLL again - eureka it worked! and now the pictures show up as well...

Большое спасибо!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #221
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv View Post
Thank you!

So what is new?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #222
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
Figured out the "oe" problem, the Book Cleaner uses the character œ (unicode 156) as a temporary conversion character, Book Designer must be matching this to "oe" and then converting to an em-dash. I simply ammended the before and after macros in Book Cleaner to use the unicode character 137 (guess this is never used in books) instead of 156 and it seems to work fine now.
I wonder how you managed to solve the "oe" problem. I have the latest bookcleaner 1 and 2 BCF files and they don't make use of unicode156. Is there another way to fix this? Thx!
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #223
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The oe problem is easily fixable. Just use German as your language. No problem.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #224
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Over 90% of my problems with BookDesigner disappeared when I switched to German as the base language. "oe" was a small problem for me compared to "AE" which was a major problem. I think it was Harry that first suggested the switch when I had a problem with with the British pound sign for currency in Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #225
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you! I'll try that too
Meanwhile I found another solution: I've changed from "keep original fromat" to "reformat completely" on the settings options. I still think the german "workaround" is better
Thx
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner