Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
iRex Shop now open for the Public!

Hi!

I just got this information from iRex:

Quote:
I also wanted to tell you that it is no longer needed to send e-mails for invitations we opened the iRex shop to the public
So you can stop sending invite requests now I guess...and I'm losing ,y status as "Forum Saint"...bad luck for me I guess...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
I hope people will find obvious the Iliad still uses unfinished software, so they won't be disappointed and write bad publicity.

What about next anouncement? Will they hire extra people to handle the shipments? :-)
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herve
I hope people will find obvious the Iliad still uses unfinished software, so they won't be disappointed and write bad publicity.

What about next anouncement? Will they hire extra people to handle the shipments? :-)
Well, they are not announcing their shop address on their homepage, so you have to know it to order. I guess its just easier for them, then to get bugged by CommanderROR all the time, who sends them heaps of emailaddresses they have to send an invite to
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Doesn't seem too clever to announce it everywhere. The software is ultra-buggy and way from being complete. I guess any non-geek would return the thing within the first few days.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Well, they are not announcing their shop address on their homepage, so you have to know it to order.
Maybe not.
Google search: "irex iliad" shop
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
2 CommanderROR:
Tried to "buy" Iliad - they still want everyone to register first at Irex, leaving email ))))
If you not registered beforehand, you can't by anything from Irex )))
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #7
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
hm. we'll see, maybe the next software update will fix most of the problems.

and if shipping really takes 4-6 iRex weeks they will have plenty time to do further software updates.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
They still require registration and I guess they'll ask you to accept the fact that the Software isn't done just like I did.

My guess is, that they really were fed up with sending out all those invites manually. They probably didn't expect so many people to be interested in a Device that is at best "early beta" where the Software is concerned.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #9
DHer
Addict

I'd love to know what iRex thinks about all this - dozens (or already more then 100?) people asking basically for permission to buy a quite expensive, still unfinished product.

I'm not sure if they are already partying or being scared by this development. (especially these freaks who try to hack the device before they hold it in their hands are quite scary, i think =) )

iRex Technologies has a bright future if they get their act together (and their software).
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

2 CommanderROR:
I would prefer not to register at Irex (you should know why )

So I cant buy it? It is not so "public" in (that) case...

And do they accept payment when delivered? Or prepaid only?
Should I entrust them with my credit card's details?
Can they really deliver it to Russia (even in 4-6 weeks) or these terms are only for EU and US?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #11
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
@Takir
But what's the difference? If you buy the iLiad, you will have to give them your name, address, etc. anyway, in order to receive it, registering an email address is no big deal in that case (a lot more anonymous that your street address, for example).
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #12
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Just recieved this:

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Opening of iRex shop to the public

Thank you for your ongoing interest in our iLiad E-reader.

Some time ago you registered to be informed at the time when our online shop was available. We are happy to inform you that you that we have just opened to the public.

You are invited to visit to:

www.irexshop.com

The iLiad average shipping time is between 3-5 weeks depending on availability.

iLiad current status:

The iLiad hardware and design are final, while registered iLiad users are entitled to free software updates that include bug fixes and expansion of the basic set of features.

See below for additional details.

For all other questions, please visit our website (www.irextechnologies.com) or send your comments to:

info@irextechnologies.com

With best regards,

The iRex Team.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #13
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Funny thing though I recieved my own iliad about 3 mins before I got this email just now
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #14
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

2 ElaHuguet
I can send my adress, etc by mail after confirmation from Irex, that they are ready to deliver, etc... I still do not believe them much )))
Old 07-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #15
DHer
Addict

@takir

it's a public company, they have a product (at last, more and more of them are arriving) and UPS delivers from every doorstep to every doorstep around the world.

Payment is actually done by some inkasso company, not iRex themselves, so iRex's ability to f**k things up shouldn't endanger you CC information.

They only thing which is slightly annoying is the fact that they charge you credit card nearly the moment you order it.

You might consider getting a prepaid credit card for transactions with parties you don't really trust.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 02:54 PM.