Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
alexdecampi
alexdecampi doesn't litteralexdecampi doesn't litter

Device: none
de Campi, Alex: Valentine Episode 01. Version 2. 02/14/2010 ENG/FRE/GER

**REVISED** now better formatted for display on Sony e-Readers. Also included are French and German versions of Episode 01.

As promised, ePubs of my graphic novel series VALENTINE are finally available - currently only from our website http://www.valentinethecomic.com .

During Napoleon's retreat from Russia in the War of 1812, cavalry officers Valentine and Oscar are separated from the main army by a brutal blizzard. They think the worst thing waiting out there in the snow for them is Death. They could not be more wrong.

The two soldiers stumble across an ancient conflict between beings more powerful than humanity can imagine, a conflict which now threatens to consume the Earth and all upon it – because those who have stood in the horror’s path, the few bastions of light, are going home.

The debut episode of the acclaimed fantasy / thriller graphic novel series by comics writer Alex de Campi and artist Christine Larsen.

We have Kindle versions available from the Kindle Store. Please note, formatting graphic novels for e-Readers is quite a persnickety thing. The attached file is appropriate for black and white/e-ink e-Readers. The images are rotated 90 degrees to make full use of the e-Reader's screen real estate. What this means is, don't try to read it on a laptop/computer. We do have an online version coming soon. As noted, the images are also black and white, so if you read via your iPhone or Android phone, we have lovely colour versions available specifically for those devices. Thanks!

Valentine is available in 13 languages including French, German and Spanish. If you enjoy this, please consider purchasing Episodes 02 and 03, which are 70-75 screens long and cost 99 cents each.

This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub VAL01_ENG_800B.epub (4.29 MB, 765 views)
File Type: epub VAL01_FRE_800B.epub (4.30 MB, 563 views)
File Type: epub VAL01_GER_800B.epub (4.32 MB, 635 views)

Last edited by alexdecampi; 02-14-2010 at 03:01 PM.
alexdecampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you, Alex. This is something I am very curious to see how it works on my 505. I have downloaded and will be checking it out the next time I reload my Reader.

Thank you for uploading to MR and offering your work in a format that a great many of us can use.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
alexdecampi
alexdecampi doesn't litteralexdecampi doesn't litter

Device: none
REVISED! And now with French & German

Hi folks! It's taken me a bit longer than expected but I've tweaked the VALENTINE ePub so it looks better on the Sony - should be no more issues

I attach in the original post above the revised version of Episode 01 in English, and have added the French and German editions.

To thank you for your patience and for beta-testing for me I'm also going to post Episode 02. (I'm posting it in a separate thread under this topic, but if that's incorrect, do let me know).

Last edited by alexdecampi; 02-14-2010 at 02:52 PM.
alexdecampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you, Alex. The beta was not too bad other than the right margin. I'll be curious to see what episode 1 and 2 look like now.

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic, deutsch, español, français;, manga