Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
manchuia
Connoisseur
manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: In under a month I will have had both Sonys and a Kindle
Well look who joined the club

Just got my sony 500 reader. It's pretty neat. I am sure I will bug all of you for tips and advice on how to get the out of this purchase.

Already I am happy but sad.

I tried just moving a number of PDFs over to the device (was really not expecting much) and the formatting on all of them was PERFECT... unfortunately the contrast was way too light and I couldn't make out the words.

Also I can't seem to redeem my 100 free classic books (will have to get on hunting down Sony formatted copies of the Gutenburg titles), but that hasn't really deterred me from being super excited about the purchase!
manchuia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi manchuia and welcome to the Forum. I downloaded a bunch of Sony Classics after I got my 505 till I discovered this Forum with it's great supply of free books.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
manchuia
Connoisseur
manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess i should have put this in the general forum (even though there is a content question). I am still on the hunt for a good repository of classic books formatted for Sony, though, so suggestions (yes i am reading the stickies as well ) are welcome
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Try our book upload section. Also search the wiki.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello manchuia, I feel your pain about the pdf situation
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Check PDFLRF for a possible solution.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Check manybooks.net and our own uploads section here. It rocks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
manchuia
Connoisseur

Yeah, I have been knee deep in the upload section.

Many books is really cool except almost all the books I want are in protected Adobe format, making them mostlyl useless (I believe) for the PRS-500 in my bag.

Igor, I am actually setting aside this weekend to download and test every single PDF converter I can find and see which one works best for the library I already have. I figure if it doesn't work I can just wait for LRF formatted Oreiley books (the only books I have in PDF anyway).