Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
downloading calibre for linux

Hi

I have been downloading calibre for ages without any problem. I did not remember doing something special. Today, download failed:

Code:
roger@lmde64:~$ sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/raw/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"
[sudo] password for roger: 
GnuTLS: A TLS warning alert has been received.
Incapable d'établir une connexion SSL.
Download failed
Code:
roger@lmde64:~$ inxi -b
System:    Host: lmde64 Kernel: 3.11-2-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 2.0.14  Distro: Linux Mint Debian Edition
Machine:   System: TOSHIBA product: Satellite L750 version: PSK2YQ-0DH02F
           Mobo: Intel model: N/A Bios: INSYDE version: 2.20 date: 07/13/2011
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i3-2330M CPU (-HT-MCP-) clocked at 1892.00 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GF108M [GeForce GT 525M] X.Org: 1.14.3 driver: nvidia Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 525M/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 319.72
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet driver: atl1c 
           Card-2: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter driver: rtl8192ce 
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 640.1GB (2.6% used)
Info:      Processes: 162 Uptime: 9 min Memory: 882.9/3946.5MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.14 
roger@lmde64:~$
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
wget on your system appears to be broken, it is probably missing this patch: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bu.../msg00034.html

Use

curl -L
instead of
wget -nv -O-

in the installation command
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks for your reply.

curl -L did the trick.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Given the problem affects even a bleeding-edge distribution like SolydX, you might want to put a warning on the Linux-Download web page ?
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bleeding edge? The patch to wget is almost a year old. In any case, the folks at github have told me they will fix the problem that is causing the TLS warning.
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 05:03 AM   #6
Bart274
Bart274 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I have a similar problem but that fix doesn't work. Can you please help me with this?
When I try to install it on mt freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS I get the following error:

Quote:
bart@laptopbart:~/calibre$ sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko...x-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"
2014-03-25 09:59:15 URL:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko...x-installer.py [25423/25423] -> "-" [1]
Installing to /opt/calibre
Downloading tarball signature securely...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 643, in main
File "<string>", line 615, in download_and_extract
File "<string>", line 607, in get_tarball_info
File "<string>", line 572, in get_https_resource_securely
File "<string>", line 498, in connect
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 381, in wrap_socket
ciphers=ciphers)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 143, in __init__
self.do_handshake()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 305, in do_handshake
self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
Any idea how I can solve this?
I also tried the second code without the verification but I get the same error message :s
Bart274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use wget -nv -O- --no-check-certificate
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 AM   #8
Bart274

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use wget -nv -O- --no-check-certificate
I tried that also, but I get the same error message :s
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Looks like the SSL certificate has expired. Wait a little, I will update it shortly.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #10
Bart274

ok, I'll wait for your update
Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have updated the certificate. It should now work, provided there is nothing caching the URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko...x-installer.py on your network.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
Bart274

It works now. Thanks for the quick solution
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
curl trick worked for me
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote