Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
problem importing book bought from google

hi

i have today bought my first book from google books. i found the link to download the epub drm to computer and did that. i then tried opening link acsm file(which normally opens book in reader software and thereby adds the epub to my library). this did not happen correctly and i am now stuck.

problem is that when i try and reopen link it tells me that the book is already in my library(i cant see it). i have deleted all the books from my library and even reinstalled the sony reader software. it still tells me that the file is in my library.

what am i missing.

this process normally works fine with books from kobo so i dont know if is a google issue with file or my computer.

hope someone can help

thanks
thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
hi

i have today bought my first book from google books. i found the link to download the epub drm to computer and did that. i then tried opening link acsm file(which normally opens book in reader software and thereby adds the epub to my library). this did not happen correctly and i am now stuck.

problem is that when i try and reopen link it tells me that the book is already in my library(i cant see it). i have deleted all the books from my library and even reinstalled the sony reader software. it still tells me that the file is in my library.

what am i missing.

this process normally works fine with books from kobo so i dont know if is a google issue with file or my computer.

hope someone can help

thanks
thomas
I usually sideload my books using Calibre, so I'm really no help. But I did want to say that in the last couple of weeks I've bought books from GooglePlay and had no troubles using the same process as Kobo [download ascm, it then loads into ADE, and then I add it to Calibre + then T1].

If nothing else a small bump and wishing you good luck.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I had a problem similar to this. What I ended up doing was downloading the ascm file to my computer, opened it and it pushed out the epub file. Then I moved that file to Dropbox and downloaded it to my reader that way. Mind you when I was on my computer I could have just plugged my reader in and move the file that way but I must confess I don't know why I thought what I was doing was any more efficient.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for input. i can download tghe ascm file fine but when i try and open it it doesnt come into sony software(says it is already there which it is not). opening it with ADE come up with authentication error. wondered if it was my computer not being authorised so bought book from kobo at that loads fine into ADE. this makes me think there must be a problem with the google file and i will have to try and contact them when i get time to do it.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
thomasn75
Groupie

it does indeed seem to be google problem

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4710787
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
thomasn75
Groupie

Right I have had reply from Google. They have refunded book as explained below. So if you have similar problem don't waste to much time on it.

Hello there Thomas,

Thank you kindly for contacting Google Play Support. I apologize for any inconvenience with this issue. All we know at this moment is that the Licensing Error is apart of Adobe Content Server. We're not sure of when this error will be fixed so the only solutions we're offering at this moment is refunds.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Bernice The Google Play Support Team