Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
O'Donnell, Elliott: Scottish Ghost Stories. 2 Dec 07

Here is a good selection of ghost stories from author/ghost hunter, Elliott O'Donnell.

Mr. O'Donnell wrote several popular novels but specialized in what were claimed as true stories of ghosts and hauntings. He had a psychic experience at the age of five, in a house where he saw a nude elemental figure covered with spots. As a young man, he claimed he was half-strangled by a mysterious phantom in Dublin.

He eventually became known as an authority on the supernatural and he was called upon as a ghost hunter. He also lectured and broadcast (radio and television) on the paranormal in Britain and the United States.

His view on the subject: "I have investigated, sometimes alone, and sometimes with other people and the press, many cases of reputed hauntings. I believe in ghosts but am not a spiritualist."

This book was published in 1912 and covers 17 cases that he investigated in Scotland.

I'm a sucker for ghost stories, especially true ghost stories. I'm halfway through this book, and I have to admit that some of these are really spooky. Much creepier than I thought they would be—especially a story describing a certain young lady in the phantom regiment of Killiecrankie.

Best if read alone, at night and with the wind howling outside.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
hotelvan
hotelvan began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 4700/ebookwise 1150/LGCU500
Thanks for the post. He tells great stories indeed.
hotelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert