Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #1
BriarRose
BriarRose began at the beginning.

Rearranging multiple URLs used as source for iSilo document

...running iSiloX 3.35 under Mac OS 9.1.
I wanted to create a single iSilo document using quite a few individual URLs. When I was adding them in the Add Document: Source window, after putting in the nth one I realised I had missed one near the start. The order that the pages appear in the finished iSilo document is important for continuity's sake. Anyhow, I can't figure out how to easily rearrange the URLs in this window. Dragging and dropping them to try and change the order doesn't work, and the only way I could find to put in my missing URL was to delete most of them then add them all again, this time in the right order. The same thing happens in the Properties: Source window. Is there an easier way to do this?
I have also noticed that the scroll bars in both these windows don't work either (they are greyed out), so you can't see all of the long URLs.
I have uploaded the ixl file I was creating as an example- I was using the URLs of printer-friendly (and mobile friendly!) pages of the chapters from the Dr. Who ebooks posted at the BBC website. Unfortunately, there was no index for the printer-friendly pages, so the URLs had to go in one by one.
Attached Files
File Type: ixl bbc-doctor-who.ixl (13.6 KB, 759 views)
Old 06-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: Rearranging multiple URLs used as source for iSilo document

Quote:
Originally posted by BriarRose
...running iSiloX 3.35 under Mac OS 9.1.
...Anyhow, I can't figure out how to easily rearrange the URLs in this window. Dragging and dropping them to try and change the order doesn't work....I have also noticed that the scroll bars in both these windows don't work either (they are greyed out), so you can't see all of the long URLs.
This must be a Mac issue. I opened your .ixl on my Win2000 box, and the scrollbars work fine, and I can drag/drop the urls to change the order freely.

Unless someone else with a Mac pops in here, you might drop iSilo support a note about this, since it seems to be related to the MAC OS somehow.