Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which book should we read for November?
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell 14 28.00%
Ubik by Philip K. Dick 6 12.00%
Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress 6 12.00%
The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi 2 4.00%
The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham 6 12.00%
Deathworld by Harry Harrison 2 4.00%
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick 5 10.00%
Summer of Love, A Time Travel by Lisa Mason 1 2.00%
Armageddon 2419 AD by Philip Francis Nowlan 6 12.00%
Metropolis by Thea von Harbou 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I can't believe we have a four-way tie for second place. The second poll will be half the size of the first. Cloud Atlas will probably win, but as much as I planned on eventually scheduling it to read, I was really hoping for something less massive. That book is 528 pages in the paperback edition. Oh well. 2nd poll coming up shortly.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The unusual 5 way run-off vote is up.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I really wanted to like Ian Banks. I stumbled on the guy while researching another author. The universes that he creates sound well thought out and the novels he writes have spifftastic plot lines, but after reading through three of them I finally came to the conclusion that I would rather get dental work with dull rusty drills than read another Ian Banks novel. Seeing as only one of his novels was nominated (and did not even make the finals), I am guessing that not everyone holds him up all that high.
Don't forget, he writes his mainstream novels as "Iain Banks" and his Science Fiction novels as "Iain M. Banks". An interesting way of separating his two chosen genres.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, november 2012, vote