Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Red face Booken compatibility....

Hope all had a good Christmas - happy New Year to all for the future....

My better half's very pleased with the new "family" reader, an Opus, a bargain buy a few weeks ago - thanks MR for the tip - and I had found the Manual on-line.
Have a few queries, which I hope some kind soul will help with - Mr. TechDunce here, sorry.

Can I simply plug-in the Opus to my PC, and use my already installed Calibre, and get
books loaded on the Opus easily - I have a 650, 350 and T1 in use on it already, so will wonderful Calibre simply accept operate on this device, or will I need to set up another ?
And do I need to ask Alf for any extra tool-sets for cleaning the dreaded dust off ?

It's not registered to ADE or anything yet, but won't be needed for pub. dom. or free books (Gutenberg or MR for example) I gather.
But will need to get Adobe if buying from Waterstones/Smiths etc...?

Be very grateful for assists....

Last edited by carpetmojo; 12-26-2011 at 07:07 AM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, calibre will recognize it without further efforts, but you will have to define if you are going to load prc or epub into it (two different FWs, so calibre cant't guess ). And you don't need extra-tools for dust

And, if you want to purchase, yes, I'm afraid you need ADE (and register an address, it's easier that purchasing anonymous). You can register you Opus or use the cleaning tools before, your choice

And Opus is a very nice device, I agree, it was my previous reader and now it belongs to a friend's sister.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And, if you want to purchase, yes, I'm afraid you need ADE.
Only if you choose the ePub firmware, with Mobi you only need the ID number of the unit (which can be found in the "About" menu), some stores require you to use the Mobipocket software too...

Whatever the case, you only need ADE or Mobipocket to download the books to your computer, but from the computer to the reader you can use calibre or a plain file browser.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Hooray....more or less....

[QUOTE=Terisa de morgan;1895614]Well, calibre will recognize it without further efforts, but you will have to define if you are going to load prc or epub into it (two different FWs, so calibre can't guess ). And you don't need extra-tools for dust
And, if you want to purchase, yes, I'm afraid you need ADE (and register an address, it's easier that purchasing anonymous). You can register you Opus or use the cleaning tools before, your choice /QUOTE]................

Thanks Terisa - 'specially re: dusting........

Not a lot of hassle then - excellent.

And Jellby - I sought of feared that would be the case, but as you say, just to get hands on the goods ...

Oh - would my Sansa Clip+ mains charger be OK to charge it ? Same plug, but the required figures - the max A I think - are a bit differen, and I never really know which ones are important !.

Last edited by carpetmojo; 12-26-2011 at 09:00 AM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Mini-usb is mini usb

You can charge with any cable /power adapter.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote