Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
jdh
Enthusiast
jdh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle3, Voyage
need KOReader help with Kindle3

I would like to read epub books on my K3W. I installed Jailbreak, MKK, KUAL, and KOReader, and copied some epub books to the documents folder. When I launch KOReader (using KUAL) I see a menu with 3 selections for filemanager. The first of these displays the home screen with a "KOReader starting ..." message at the bottom, and then hangs. The filemanager (no framework) selection appears to trigger a Kindle restart (screen with tree), and the filemanager (ASAP) selection just goes back to the home screen. I never see the epub titles in either filemanager or the home screen.

I would appreciate help with this. Or if there is another epub reader application with better Kindle3 support I would appreciate a recommendation.

Thanks,
John
jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sure, we can do that for you - - -

See (and read) the first post of the KOreader thread.
Include reading the "Limitations" and "Links" sections towards the end.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 AM   #3
jdh
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I see now that KOreader doesn't support K3. I installed Librerator instead and that is working fine with my public domain epub files.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might have missed NiLuJe's thread.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #5
jdh
Enthusiast

Thank you. I ended up installing KUAL, Cool Reader, and Liberator on my Kindle3. I can now use it to read non-DRM epub books. However what I really wanted was to be able to use it to check out DRM epubs from the public library, but I have given up on that. I'll keep using my old Sony PRS-505 or maybe eventually buy a Kobo.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
Thank you. I ended up installing KUAL, Cool Reader, and Liberator on my Kindle3. I can now use it to read non-DRM epub books. However what I really wanted was to be able to use it to check out DRM epubs from the public library, but I have given up on that. I'll keep using my old Sony PRS-505 or maybe eventually buy a Kobo.
I take it that you live outside the USA. In the USA most libraries offer eBooks in Kindle format.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote