Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
jjallenupthehill
Enthusiast
jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (US)
UK Firmware (with UK B&N store) for US NST

Now that this device has been released in the UK, has anyone worked out whether it would be possible to put the new NST firmware from the UK models onto the US devices?

I can't use the US B&N store (although their prices seem to be much better) but would use the UK one.

I have sent some e-mail to Nook UK support, but so far no response.

I have tried rooting (successfully) but if I'm honest - I just want a full browser, the UK store, custom wallpaper and the odd fix.
jjallenupthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjallenupthehill View Post
Now that this device has been released in the UK, has anyone worked out whether it would be possible to put the new NST firmware from the UK models onto the US devices?

I can't use the US B&N store (although their prices seem to be much better) but would use the UK one.

I have sent some e-mail to Nook UK support, but so far no response.

I have tried rooting (successfully) but if I'm honest - I just want a full browser, the UK store, custom wallpaper and the odd fix.
You do know that you can use the UK B&N website to buy ebooks?
I did test my Nook Color with an UK B&N account, and syncing books with an UK account works fine.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
jjallenupthehill
Enthusiast
jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but not from the device itself. When I enter card payment details, the only options are for the US and Canada.

Unless it has changed recently...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
staylo
staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.staylo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: PRS-350
According to muk on xda-developers you can just replace the factory reset file. Allegedly the UK Nooks are just existing US stock with a multi-language software update.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973109
staylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
jjallenupthehill
Enthusiast

Cool - nice find, thanks a lot!

Tags
nook touch uk nst