Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #1
angel6700
angel6700 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New Inkpad 3. Good battery life

Hello,

I have recently bought a new Pocketbook Inkpad 3. It came with firmware 6.1.1228. I asked the pocketbook support team about the need to update to 6.1.1229 or not, and they told me it is the same version, but installed in factory with that version name.
The support service is very fast and they are really kind and helpful.

I had some doubts regarding the battery life together with sleeping / power off, as I had read that battery is also consumed during sleep, so some people advise to keep it in power off if the unit is not going to be used for several hours (or days). I recognize this can make sense, but my experience with a kindle (my wife has an old Kindle 3 keyboard) and she always put it in simple sleep mode. Never powering off. And battery lasts for almost one month (Her kindle is now more than 10 years old).

So I tested during two days in sleep mode from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm and both days the battery stayed at the same level. So no consumption in sleep mode, as expected.

I must say I'm very satisfied with the device, except the page turns that seems too slow sometimes, but seems related to the settings in page numbering.
angel6700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6700 View Post
I must say I'm very satisfied with the device, except the page turns that seems too slow sometimes, but seems related to the settings in page numbering.
That must be why some people complain about the PocketBooks being slow. I use the standard ePub numbers on my Touch HD3 and don't have that issue, but I have tried the "each screen is a page" mode and it does seem to slow things down. The HD3's battery life is also very good.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert