Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mine started on the 12th. I have $21 of the $24. On the 14th I bought a $2.99 book. Preorder don't seem to count as I had one come through today and it used my Gift Card balance instead. I don't think all ebooks are eligible for the credit but most are.

This is what mine says:

Your Settlement Credit:
Hmmm. I bought a book two days ago, and it didn't come out of my credit (that says it was issued the 11th). Oh well, I guess it doesn't have to make sense.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #92
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
What are you talking about? Amazon users got it. I got $106.83.
Amazon users didn't get the detailed accounting of each book bought and it's settlement amount that she's talking about.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Hmmm. I bought a book two days ago, and it didn't come out of my credit (that says it was issued the 11th). Oh well, I guess it doesn't have to make sense.
Since when does anything Amazon does make sense?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #94
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I want a link which tells me what books and how much per book because my number is low. Bummed that Nook users got that but Amazon users didn't
What's your number supposed to be? I mean do you feel their leaving a certain imprint out or something.

There is a list of eligible publishers/imprints here...
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/Publ...sImprints.aspx

I personally couldn't tell you what my number should be as I have no desire to go through all my purchases from the time period and check the publisher on each book.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-25-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #95
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I thought it only applied to people with residential addresses in the US?
Seemingly not. I got $2.19 today (which was about twice what I was expecting).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #96
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Since when does anything Amazon does make sense?
Good one. At least they paid us. I still hasven't heard a thing from Sony. I hope we don't just get credit in the Kobo store as Sony transferred accounts to them. I seem to recall an email from last year saying Sony would mail us a check. I hope so as I calculated they owe me over $100.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #97
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Yes, Sony was doing checks.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #98
jswinden
Nameless Being

I actually saved the email I got from Sony back in September 2013. Here is what it said:

Quote:
Settlement ID Number:SN63127120
Benefits from E-books Settlement Fund

Para una notificación en Español, llamar o visitor nuestro website.

Records indicate that you are eligible for a payment from Settlements reached by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs with E-book publishers Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC, (known as Macmillan) (“Macmillan”) and Penguin Group (USA) Inc. (“Penguin”). The Settlements resolve Plaintiffs’ claims against Macmillan and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits about the price of electronic books (“E-books”). Sony has not been sued in this case. It has provided information to the Claims Administrator to send this notice as a service to its customers.

What the Settlements Provide

The Macmillan and Penguin Settlements, together with settlements previously approved by the Court, create a $162.25 million fund for payments to consumers who purchased qualifying E-books from April 1, 2010 through May 21, 2012. If the Court approves the Macmillan and Penguin Settlements, eligible consumers like you will receive payments. The amount of your payment will be determined based on qualifying E-book purchases identified by Sony in your E-reader account.

How to Receive your Benefit

Because you are pre-qualified, you do not need to do anything to receive your payment. If the Court approves the Settlements, you will automatically receive a check. Please note, while this notice is for the Macmillan and Penguin Settlements, your payment from all settling publishers will be combined and issued as one check. (If you bought E-books from more than one retailer, you may have received notices with different instructions about whether you will receive a credit or need to file a Claim Form for that retailer. You will have a separate claim for each retailer and you should follow the specific instructions from each one.)

Your Other Rights

You can choose to exclude yourself from the Macmillan and Penguin Settlements and keep your right to sue on your own. If you exclude yourself from a Settlement, you can’t receive any benefits from that Settlement. If you don’t exclude yourself, you can submit objections about the Macmillan and/or Penguin Settlements.

Your written Exclusion Form or objections must be postmarked by October 21, 2013. Please visit the Settlement website for detailed information on how to submit a valid Exclusion Form or objection.

The antitrust lawsuit against Apple Inc. continues. Your rights in the separate suit are not affected by any action you take in regards to these Settlements.
The Court will hold a hearing on December 6, 2013, at 3:00 p.m., to consider whether to approve the Macmillan and Penguin Settlements. You or your own lawyer may ask to appear and speak at the hearing.

For more detailed information:

Call 1-866-621-4153 or Visit www.EbookAGSettlements.com

Last edited by jswinden; 03-25-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #99
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
What's your number supposed to be? I mean do you feel their leaving a certain imprint out or something.

There is a list of eligible publishers/imprints here...
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/Publ...sImprints.aspx

I personally couldn't tell you what my number should be as I have no desire to go through all my purchases from the time period and check the publisher on each book.
I bought about 200 books during that time period. I don't read independent authors. I have not gone through and figured out the Publishers for each of the books but I expected more then $56. I think there should be a way to more easily figure out what the total should be.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #100
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I got $151.86 from B&N. That's for 198 books. I had no idea I'd purchased that many Agency titles.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #101
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I bought about 200 books during that time period. I don't read independent authors. I have not gone through and figured out the Publishers for each of the books but I expected more then $56. I think there should be a way to more easily figure out what the total should be.
Well B&N certainly presents a nice detailed accounting when compared to Amazon's here's your total credit approach. Maybe Amazon CS can send you a detailed list?

There are a lot of publishers besides the 5 from the lawsuit including Random House and its imprints which is huge (now merged with Penguin) so maybe a lot of your books were from them?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #102
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Maybe, It would be nice to the BN break down so I could check.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #103
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
What's the story on Kobo, again?
They're supposed to be doing credits and say they'll send an email when they're available.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #104
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I received $20.96 from B&N. Not sure how it breaks down, but it was more than I expected.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #105
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got a vague email from B&N saying I would receive a settlement with no amount, and nothing shows up in my B&N account yet.

OK I did some digging and it'll be $17.42.

Last edited by NickyWithNook; 03-25-2014 at 04:37 PM.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote