Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #916
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.10.0

I have just arranged to have an update to the plugin released. The changes are largely in the beta I posted a few months ago, but the version number has been bumped.

The list of changes are:
  • Fix rating display after change in calibre 2.67
  • Add option not to display the "View shelf" menu. Causes problems if lots of shelves.
  • Add "debug_print" to common_utilities and use it instead of "prints"
  • Encode the URL before opening it.
  • Disable sorting on lists when updating values.

Calibre will show the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #917
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Just updated this morning, getting this error when "syncing to shelf"
calibre, version 2.76.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'

calibre 2.76 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-16.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '16.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 16.4.0: Thu Dec 15 21:07:35 PST 2016; root:xnu-3789.41.2~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.12.3', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 6) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 0) && Annotations (1, 4, 11) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 344, in _accept_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 379, in get_goodreads_books_on_shelves
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #918
blueinfj
Enthusiast
blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle Oasis
[GUI Plugin] Goodreads Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Just updated this morning, getting this error when "syncing to shelf"
calibre, version 2.76.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: IOError:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'

calibre 2.76 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
(...)
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.12.3', ('', '', ''), (....)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 344, in _accept_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 379, in get_goodreads_books_on_shelves
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'

Same here, except I'm on 10.12.2, and I tried to sync from my read shelf.

Last edited by blueinfj; 01-04-2017 at 03:24 PM.
blueinfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #919
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to version 1.10.1 - Remove debug line

Sorry, I left a debugging statement in. The attached file fixes this and bumps the version to 1.10.1.

If a moderator wanders by, could you replace the version in the first post with this one. And add to the version history:

Quote:
Version 1.10.1 - 5 Jan 2017 - made by davidfor
Remove debugging line mistakenly left in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync.zip (215.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #920
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Awesome! Thanks. One question (I've only ever updated from within Calibre) how do you manually update? Or should I just wait for the plugin to detect the new version?

BTW, love the plugin
Advert
Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #921
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I left a debugging statement in. The attached file fixes this and bumps the version to 1.10.1.

If a moderator wanders by, could you replace the version in the first post with this one. And add to the version history:
done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #922
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Awesome! Thanks. One question (I've only ever updated from within Calibre) how do you manually update? Or should I just wait for the plugin to detect the new version?
As theducks has updated the first post, calibre will pick this up at about half past the hour. It will announce the availability to you the first time you open calibre after that.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #923
jwilker
Connoisseur

Works like a charm!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #924
blueinfj
Enthusiast
blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle Oasis
Quote:

Thanks! 👍
blueinfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:38 AM   #925
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
@davidfor

Is it possible to add actions for the "Remove from shelf..." option?

I was going through my to-read list and culling some books off. Then I realized there's no action to remove the value "to-read" on calibre when I used the "Remove from shelf" option.

Much thanks on the plugins.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #926
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
@davidfor

Is it possible to add actions for the "Remove from shelf..." option?

I was going through my to-read list and culling some books off. Then I realized there's no action to remove the value "to-read" on calibre when I used the "Remove from shelf" option.

Much thanks on the plugins.
You can already do that. On the "Edit Shelf Add Actions" dialog, the "Action" is a drop-down. It has two choices: "Add value to column" and "Remove value from column". So you can add multiple entries with different actions, columns and values.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:41 AM   #927
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:

Thank you!!! Do you think it will ever be possible to import full reviews (w/o character limitations) with the plugin? Or add a notification feature when the review/s your trying to import are truncated?
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:00 AM   #928
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Thank you!!! Do you think it will ever be possible to import full reviews (w/o character limitations) with the plugin? Or add a notification feature when the review/s your trying to import are truncated?
Someone asked about full reviews a while ago. I looked at the time and it is a bit harder than I really want to do at the moment. The API doesn't support it and I would have to scrape the page. The notification might be possible, but I'll have to look at it.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #929
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
@davidfor

I did that. It's only for "Add shelf" actions for when adding shelf values. I meant for actions when using the "Remove shelf" because when I used "Remove shelf" for to-read, the "to-read" value from my calibre column is still there. Or am I missing something else?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:40 AM   #930
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Someone asked about full reviews a while ago. I looked at the time and it is a bit harder than I really want to do at the moment. The API doesn't support it and I would have to scrape the page. The notification might be possible, but I'll have to look at it.
Thank you for your reply, sorry I missed the other post about the reviews! I'm a regular reviewer and I manually add them on Calibre, a notification (along with the option "don't overwrite reviews if the text exceeds the characters limitation") would be terrific, me and all the reviewers out there wouldn't have to manually add/update the short ones, and be pointed straight away to the books with a longer review.
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads