Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Using 3M Cloud Reader (Mac) With 2 Library Cards

I have cards at two libraries that use the 3M Cloud system. I successfully signed into one and checked out a book, but whenever I start the app, it goes back to that library.

Is there a way to sign out of one library and sign into the other library I have a card for? Thanks!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
You can try signing via web page. I haven't tried downloading book that way, so you'd need to see how it's done, but checking out and placing hold can be done.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I'm having a similar problem...

Installing the 3M cloud on the PC, you log into your library the first time. After that it ALWAYS logs into that library and I can't find a way to NOT log in. I've had to uninstall the program to be able to log in again......

SOMETHING has to be telling the program where to log in. Can anyone tell me what that is? I've looked in the registry, I've looked on the disk. I'm not finding anything that specifies a particular library, but it's got to be SOMEWHERE...

On the other hand, if I use the browser application, I can dumb it down enough to let me log in every time, but I can't download any books. I can't find any way to get the book from the browser to the PC. I can check a book OUT, but HOW do I get it down to my PC from the browser?

How do I get the installed application to stop going to a specific library, OR, how do I get the browser application to let me actually download the book I've checked out?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Reading the FAQ at the 3M site they mention that the PC application has no provision to logout! It does seem a bit of an oversight.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That explains my issue. When I first used it, I accidentally clicked on let it automatically assign an Adobe ID (recommended) without thinking. And that messed up my Adobe ID for my PC for every other bookstore requiring it for downloads. I finally figured out how to reset it all so it worked, but now it always starts up with the wrong info that I don't want to use so I have to manually change it.

I wonder if I uninstall it completely and then reinstall it if that will fix the issue.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I have cards at two libraries that use the 3M Cloud system. I successfully signed into one and checked out a book, but whenever I start the app, it goes back to that library.

Is there a way to sign out of one library and sign into the other library I have a card for? Thanks!
Have you tried using a different user account on the Mac?

(Sorry, no 3M library here, so I can't test it. Just suggesting.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I use the 3M PC app to access two libraries. In the MyBooks view, click on Account Profile in the lower right corner; it gives you the option to log in and out of libraries.

For both libraries, it automatically picked up on my Adobe ID from (I'm guessing) ADE.

(Edited to add a small screenshot. [personal info erased])
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3M Screenshot.png
Views:	278
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	118095  

Last edited by Loosheesh; 01-19-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Loosheesh, do you have ANY IDEA how many times I've looked at that "Account Profile" screen without seeing the "logout account" at the bottom?

Gads, I'm an idiot!

I got so frustrated fiddling with this last night, I UNINSTALLED, re-downloaded, and re-installed the software!

Thanks a ton. It'll save me a lot of "installing" in the future!

SO, does anybody know how to actually download the ebook from the browser version? 'Cause when I get the email notification that something is available, the link starts the browser version. I can check it out, but I can't figure out how to get it to the PC (of course, after seeing the "logout" I figure there's a giant button or something right in front of me!)

Last edited by dkperez; 01-19-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about download...
Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
SO, does anybody know how to actually download the ebook from the browser version? 'Cause when I get the email notification that something is available, the link starts the browser version. I can check it out, but I can't figure out how to get it to the PC (of course, after seeing the "logout" I figure there's a giant button or something right in front of me!)
The books should automatically download into Adobe Digital Editions (ADE); I don't think you can access them from the browser.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
dkperez
Groupie

Oddly (or maybe not), when I use the application, it activates ADE. But, when using the browser version, it never asks about ADE or anything else. And even if I have ADE up and running, so far, it's never dropped a book in there.

I haven't been able to find anything online to tell me where it should be going - into ADE, elsewhere?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
Oddly (or maybe not), when I use the application, it activates ADE. But, when using the browser version, it never asks about ADE or anything else. And even if I have ADE up and running, so far, it's never dropped a book in there.

I haven't been able to find anything online to tell me where it should be going - into ADE, elsewhere?
With the browser you can check books in and out and browse the shelves. To access the books you've checked out, you need to open up the app itself and then the book is sent to ADE. This is my experience with the PC app.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
dkperez
Groupie

That matches my experience too. Which is bizarre considering the library notification always starts the browser version. I'd think for "normal" people, this would be incredibly confusing...

Tags
3m cloud, mac