Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
cepics
Connoisseur
cepics began at the beginning.

Device: K5_B010, fw 5.3.2.1, jb 1.14.N, usbnet 0.21.N
vncviewer problem

Hi all,
I would like to use my kindle k4 fw 4.1.3 also like a vnc remote sunlight readable display for raspberry pi...
I jailbracked following this page:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

I installed KUAL 2.7

and USBNetwork o.57.n

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004

and kindlevncviewer

https://github.com/hwhw/kindlevncviewer

but on KUAL application launcher when I run "VNC connection" nothing happens and kindle exit KUAL

I tried also to establish ssh with kindle through the terminal on my mac, but "mario" pw dont work (tried also with pw on line calculator with my s/n)

now I'm trying to change the pw trough kindle tool but its really too complicate for a non programmer like me...

I'm interested too to connect kindle wi fi to no internet hot spot (raspberry pi hot spot)

someone can help me please... i'm getting crazy

best regard

Mauro
cepics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Try to start usbnet again, and then try to connect to it.

If you cannot connect to it, on your home page search put this in the search box, ';dm' to dump message.

Look in those files that get created to see if there are any errors that need to be fixed.

for connecting to a wifi hotspot with no internet, there is a flag. Make a file with exactly this name
Code:
WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE
and put it on the usb storage.
Then reboot the kindle to have it take effect.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
cepics
Connoisseur

tnks for answering!!!

I got the dump message and to post here, I connected my k4 to my account Facebook....

after that, when I try to start KUAL, I got a developer message and KUAL crash!!!

I'm quite lost...
Old 09-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepics View Post
tnks for answering!!!

I got the dump message and to post here, I connected my k4 to my account Facebook....

after that, when I try to start KUAL, I got a developer message and KUAL crash!!!

I'm quite lost...
Did you make any changes to the Kindle's registration status?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you make any changes to the Kindle's registration status?

Unfortunately Yes

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately Yes

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
Get the registration set the way you want it and then re-install MKK.
Registration changes wipe some of our application keys.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #7
cepics
Connoisseur

tnks

I restored my kindle k 4.1.3
I registered it
I jailbraked (kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N)
I installed KUAL (KUAL-v2.7)
I updated with kindle-mkk-20141129.bin

now, how to install the vnc viewer?
the readme file said:
Copy the full directory "kindlevncviewer" to the (USB-storage) root of your device.

I tried to copy all the files in the kindlevncviewer folder to the root of the kindle, rebooted but nothing happens..

I tried to copy the folder kindlevncviewer in the root of the kindle, rebooted but nothing happens

I tried to copy the unzipped folder kindlevncviever in the root of the kindle, rebooted but nothing...

I don't understand

which is the difference between vncviewer and kindlevncviewer?

after restoring, I still have a kite folder in the root; is it normal? can I remove it? how?

tnks

PS: How can I poste my dump message in the forum?

Last edited by cepics; 09-23-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Do you mean "Serial Number" by the S/n ?
if so, there is no such model by the first four characters of your serial number:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Get the real serial number off of the "Device Info" panel in the "Settings" section (and do not post more than the first six characters).
Old 09-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I see what she did.
She read Version Kindle as the firmware and the () as the serial number.
I thought the numbers looked familiar.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

This is all getting too complicated for me.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Serial number is at the top of page 2 in settings.
She read the bottom right side of her k4 which shows the firmware version.
I use the same kindle.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
cepics
Connoisseur

vncviewer problem

sorry the REAL Serial Number of my kindle is: 902317

Last edited by cepics; 09-24-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
sorry the REAL Serial Number of my kindle is: 90231
Where did you get that number? If you got it off the back that is the FCC number.
I can assure that it is not it.
On your device,
Tap the three bar button. Go to settings.
Tap the next page button.
You will see Device Info:
It has wifi mac address
Serial number: B00E etc.

That is the only place the serial number is.
Can I ask your native language?

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 09-24-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
cepics
Connoisseur

vncviewer problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Where did you get that number? If you got it off the back that is the FCC number.

I can assure that it is not it.

On your device,

Tap the three bar button. Go to settings.

Tap the next page button.

You will see Device Info:

It has wifi mac address

Serial number: B00E etc.

That is the only place the serial number is.

Can I ask your native language?

my kindle Device Info:

Wi Fi MAC Address 10:AE:60:21:32:53

Serial Number 9023 17

Network Capability: WiFi

I'm Italian

Last edited by cepics; 09-24-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #15
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
9023 is listed in the chart as

Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012) K4, K4B
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote