Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-20-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Watercolor Artist magazine in PDF on CD

This is a fairly specialized case, but if you paint watercolors for a hobby you might be interested. I've been a long time reader.

These CDs* contain individual issues of Watercolor Artist magazine. I've got the 2001-2005 and 2006-2010 collections. They are in PDF format and heavily dependent on color illustrations, so I would only recommend reading/viewing them on a tablet or possibly a computer -- I read them on a generic brand 10.1" Android tablet. I really don't think they'd be worth the effort on an E Ink reader.

The annual and 5-year collections are all being discounted right now. Even at the discount they're not cheap, but I like them.

http://www.northlightshop.com/art-ma...-artist-cd-dvd

* A couple of the single year collections are available as downloads, but I've never gone the download route.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:11 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Right now, in their "Clearance" section, you can get a DVD with all issues of Watercolor Artist from 2011 through 2015 for for $12.19. The regular price for this DVD is $64.99. These collections are reproduced from the actual magazines (in PDF format) so they contain all advertisements, letters to the editor, editorial columns, etc. I have this DVD as well as two others. I like them, and it's a lot more practical to save years of PDF copies than paper magazines! And the advice and instruction never go out of style.

Five Years of Watercolor Artist, 2011-2015

The publisher's clearance page mostly carries paper copies of various books, but does have CDs and DVDs of PDFs of their other magazines, covering pastels, drawing techniques, etc.

The Artist's Network clearance page

Last edited by cromag; 12-09-2017 at 04:24 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote