Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #61
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I like the Stieg Larson trilogy, there is only one problem, if I like the books I can't follow him he is dead. I prefer books from authors in the land of the living.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #62
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
That's interesting, JB, because I feel the opposite. When the fellow is dead, I can (hopefully) buy his books at my convenience. When he is alive, I have to wait till he's written the next one!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #63
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
That's interesting, JB, because I feel the opposite. When the fellow is dead, I can (hopefully) buy his books at my convenience. When he is alive, I have to wait till he's written the next one!
That's fine unless the fellow promises a sequel and dies before he delivers. Two that have done that are Louis Lamour (Walking Drum) and Robert Jordon (Wheel of Time Series). At least Jordon's widow has hired a ghost writer to finish the series.

I've been worried Jean Auel would pass on before her next book in her Earth Children series was done.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #64
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I think I'm keeping the industry in business all my myself sometimes... last weekend I bought three books...during this week I've bought three more... and I have plans to buy at least two more on Tuesday (the day they come out). All ebooks, mostly from Books on Board but one was from B&N and one from Amazon (b/c it was available nowhere else).
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #65
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I just bought a book now ... $10 @ ebooks.com

I own a 540 page print copy, which I was happy to offer as a trade to someone who wanted it at paperbackswap.com, so now I don't have to deal with all that bulkiness at all!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #66
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Bought a hardcover and three paperbacks at Borders last week. I've got Amazon Prime, too, for near-immediate gratification.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #67
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
...got myself a Free Library of Philadelphia library card....
How did you manage to get a Philadelphia library card when your location is listed on MR as Kansas City?

Edited to Add: I'm curious, because I live in a small community where there are precious few ebooks available via the library system. It would be nice if there were large e-libraries where I could pay a subscription fee to have access to lots of books.

Last edited by Under the Covers; 10-24-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #68
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Three just today. Used from Amazon. Paper.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I went to B&N this weekend and was shock that most romance paperbacks have gone up to $8.99 when they use to be $6.99 to $7.99 a book.
(Talk about sticker shock)
I buy mostly online through ebay, individual merchants or Amazon because I don't get into town much so I walked out empty handed saying forget it I'll buy the ebook version instead. I then went to K-Mart and bought 4 paperbacks for $3.47 a piece. Gotta love stores like K-Mart or Wal-Mart, Local Supermarket that always 20 to 35% off. Although limited availability due to living in a small town but I get happy when I find something I want there.

I bought 4 ebooks last week I probably buy an average of 2 to 4 ebooks a week and maybe 1 paperback. I admit I'm addicted to books. I read about 5 books at time. I have no life!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-26-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #70
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
It's been probably 5 years or more since I bought a paperback but I did so a couple weeks back for a hard to find book. I also just ordered one from a UK bookstore for a book that won't see this side of the pond until mid 2011.

I usually buy a hardcover from the book club every couple months. Just yesterday I ordered the newest Wheel of Time book and Kraken by China Miéville.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #71
hal2814
Connoisseur
hal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2
About a month ago I bought Brew Like a Monk and Unseen Academicals as ebooks through Amazon.

The last paper book I bought was a history book I picked up at my kid's school carnival last weekend for $1. It's a world history book. That's all I really remember about it right now. I just bought it to leave in my Jeep in case I'm ever without my Kindle.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #72
CatsMeow
CatsMeow began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & K3
Last book purchases both electronic and paper was in July. However I returned 4 DTBs to the library and checked out 8 on Saturday.
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #73
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Under the Covers -- anyone can get a library card from the Free Library of Philadelphia. (It's not actually free four out-of-state cardholders, it's $15 a year -- which is a steal!)

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/register/getcard1.cfm
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #74
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Under the Covers -- anyone can get a library card from the Free Library of Philadelphia. (It's not actually free four out-of-state cardholders, it's $15 a year -- which is a steal!)

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/register/getcard1.cfm
Well, that'll teach me not to stop reading when I encounter an obstacle!! Ooh, another life lesson.

Thanks for the info!
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #75
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I bought two books last night: Stephen Sondheim's Finishing the Hat in hardcover, and a used OOP paperback. Haven't bought an e-book yet, as I've only had my reader about two weeks now and am loaded up with free books.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote