Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
m3write1day
m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nook
ePub on Kindle self-publishing

Has anyone else had trouble uploading their ePub formatted e-books to Kindle's platform?

I created the ePub out of a bunch of RTF files in a program called Atlantis. They upload just fine on the Nook's Pubit, but Amazon not so much.

I e-mailed them and they actually wrote back saying that the way I did it is creating numerous HTML files in one or something. I really wish I could figure out how to resolve this.
m3write1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
If you could give a bit more detail about what sort of problem(s) you're encountering, someone might be able to advise. At the moment, you haven't given us a lot to go on!

One suggestion though - have you tried using the Kindlegen application to convert your EPUB and then checking the resulting MOBI file with the Kindle Previewer application? If that comes out OK, you could then upload the MOBI file directly.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Mountain man
Mountain man began at the beginning.

Device: none... yet
I use Atlantis too, it creates very neat epubs. What you can do is convert the Atlantis epub into mobi with Calibre. Then test it in Kindle Previewer. I did so, and a book with +100 images works well in Kindle and the Kindle app for iPod Touch. Haven't uploaded to Amazon yet, but I know some others did this and Amazon accepted the mobi file. Hope this helps .
Mountain man is offline   Reply With Quote