Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 06:22 AM   #1
Nichols_JohnW
Author of God is Here
Nichols_JohnW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 5"
Free Kindle eBook and Audiobook (Genre: Spiritual Growth)

GOD is HERE: Finding God in the Pain of a Broken World — Get this free Kindle eBook for a limited time 9/19-9/20! (Includes like to FREE AUDIOBOOK INSIDE!) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJY55JF?ref_=k4w_ss_dp_lp

Our world can be cruel—we experience a mixture of health and sickness, hope and fear, peace and discord, wealth and poverty, love and hate. In the aftermath of tragedy, people ask, "If God is good and cares for me, why does He allow suffering? Where is justice for evil? Where is healing for my loved ones? When I'm hurting, where is God?"

In GOD is HERE, John W. Nichols shares how he hated God because of His apparent absence. But when John was at the peak of his anger, God spoke to him in an undeniable way. The author weaves in the story of God revealing His love with a Biblical explanation of the trials we face, while inviting us to break down any walls we've put between us and Jesus, so we can return to Him the love He first showed us.

This book answers:

Why do we experience suffering?
Does God send sickness, natural disasters, and war to teach us?
Can we trust God after tragedy occurs?
Is there more to life than what we see?
Are we influenced by spiritual forces?
Can we interact with God?
How does God care for us?
Does God have a good plan for our lives?
Can we make a difference in this world?
And so much more...

Get the ebook free today (9/19) and tomorrow (9/20): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJY55JF?ref_=k4w_ss_dp_lp

Book Sample:

Introduction—Paradise Lost

IMAGINE A PERFECT WORLD. Where the evils of crime, hate, and envy are inconceivable—in fact, completely alien. There’s no pain, sickness, disease, or disability. No stinging bugs, venomous, or bloodthirsty animals. There aren’t even earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, or tornadoes.

In this imagined utopia, motives are genuine. No one has thoughts they can’t tell others. We have no misunderstandings and don’t need to pretend. Our best foot is always forward because both our feet are perfect. There’s constant pleasure. People smile and laugh, freely and unashamedly. Joy overflows each person’s heart. Everyone is known and loved. Peace covers the land...

... Whether we recognize it or not, this is what each of our hearts cries for. Why don’t we have it?

What We’ve Had As Long As We Can Remember

When we look at the real world, we see a blurred image of the perfect, tainted with all the opposite characteristics. In the best of times, imperfection lingers and calamity waits at the door. In the darkest times, we cling to the hope that disaster can only last so long.

Even attempting to lead a life of joy and selflessness is draining. Each heart instinctively knows our many anxieties are an injustice. But despite every effort, we suffer.

Faithful friends are rare. Community threatens to shun. We long to be known and accepted, even as we put up walls. Our goodness, we fear, is surely nullified by the hate, impatience, lust, and envy hidden within.

We have impure motives, dirty politics, depression, illness, betrayal, starvation, deformity, natural disasters, perversion, rage, chaos, war, and death—among many other problems. These are the atrocities our hearts cannot understand, the horrors every person desperately wants to escape but has no idea how...

... In this book, I’ll share the story of God breaking down my wrong ideas and how He helped me see another perspective. I’ll talk about the darkness in us and the world, as well as the Light, and how you can know God’s goodness despite the struggles you’re facing. My hope is you’ll walk away with a peace that defies understanding.

You’ve had different experiences than mine, but I believe you’re not reading this by accident; and God wants to help you in a similar way as He has me. He wants you to know: He’s always been with you, desperately wanting to help, and never holding back His love...

Get the ebook free today (9/19) and tomorrow (9/20): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJY55JF?ref_=k4w_ss_dp_lp
Nichols_JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Nichols_JohnW
Author of God is Here
Nichols_JohnW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 5"
I meant to post a pic of the book yesterday (the text is wrong now, free today only) ...

Today is the last day to get the ebook free! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJY55JF?ref_=k4w_ss_dp_lp
Nichols_JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christianity, free amazon ebook, free audio, non-fiction book, spirituality