Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
goldmine1965
goldmine1965 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo purchase book transfer to Calibre

I recently purchased 2 books on Kobo.com. But I can't figure out how to get them from the Kobo Clara to the Calibre library. When I try to add books to library, I get an error that says the books are virtual and cannot be added to the Calibre library.

v/r,
goldmine1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmine1965 View Post
I recently purchased 2 books on Kobo.com. But I can't figure out how to get them from the Kobo Clara to the Calibre library. When I try to add books to library, I get an error that says the books are virtual and cannot be added to the Calibre library.
Google Apprentice Alf and install the OBOK tool from his set of deDRM tools for calibre.

MR forum rules don't permit detailed instructions, but you can ask questions on Apprentice Alf's site.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
goldmine1965
goldmine1965 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Google Apprentice Alf and install the OBOK tool from his set of deDRM tools for calibre.

MR forum rules don't permit detailed instructions, but you can ask questions on Apprentice Alf's site.
Looks like it worked. Thanks..
goldmine1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
An alternative way to do this is to download from the Kobo library on their site. The main difference with this is that you will be downloading the epub version of the book rather than the kepub that is downloaded by the Kobo app or device. That will mean the book doesn't have the extra styles and spans that Kobo add to a kepub.

The disadvantage of this is that if the book has DRM, you will need ADE to download the book. For non-DRMed books, you will just download the epub directly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I have a similar, but I think, simpler problem. I have a non-DRM document on my Kobo that I want to copy to the main Calibre library.
How do I do this?
Thanks for any tips,
Rojofo
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
Hi, I have a similar, but I think, simpler problem. I have a non-DRM document on my Kobo that I want to copy to the main Calibre library.
How do I do this?
Thanks for any tips,
Rojofo
Switch to Device view: Right click: Sent to Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you!
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote