Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #46
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Enabling both patches gives you the most flexibility.
Of course, I turned it on, was another screenshot, I changed it so as not to confuse.

It’s just that it’s not possible to select the optimal digits, the progress bar starts to run into the page number

But if you turn off the progress bar, everything comes out just fine.

Last edited by Semwize; 09-22-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
'Custom reading footer style' cannot be re-written to do what you ask.

If you want to have your reading footer enabled but you think it's too tall, the patch you need is the new one named Reduce new header/footer height (in nickel.yaml).

If you want to understand the interaction between the 2 patches Reduce new header/footer height and Reduce top/bottom page spacer the best way is to go to post #2 in this thread and play with geek1011's new interactive demo linked at the bottom of the thread.

Enabling both patches gives you the most flexibility.
Can the text size of the header & footer be changed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #48
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
With 4.17.13694 I am no longer able to toggle between page number and percentage by long-pressing the page number in the footer. Is that a firmware change or did I miss a patch pertaining to this feature?
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #49
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Toggle gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshap View Post
With 4.17.13694 I am no longer able to toggle between page number and percentage by long-pressing the page number in the footer. Is that a firmware change or did I miss a patch pertaining to this feature?
Apparently it's the firmware: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=11
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #50
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can the text size of the header & footer be changed?
Not with any existing patches.

However, I have found the nickel CSS stream which controls the font-family and font-size of the new header and footer, so a new patch could be created.

I'm not keen to introduce it immediately because things are in a state of flux right now and I think it's best to let the dust settle. Patch users are probably deciding on their perfect combo of header on/off, footer on/off and how tall they should be. I don't want to add even more confusion.

If there are a lot of people asking for this feature I'll consider adding it sooner but otherwise ask me again at the next firmware release and when you've decided whether you really would use it. Ongoing maintenance of patches that you suspect nobody uses is a PITA.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #51
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Thank you!

Thank you to all of the patch writers, your work is very much appreciated.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #52
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Thank you to all of the patch writers, your work is very much appreciated.
Definitely... they're the unsung heroes of the Kobo community!
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #53
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Ok, just run ./bin/kobopatch-darwin-64bit. I'll fix that in a moment. That was a regression in the build script line ending conversions. I've fixed it, and it is currently rebuilding. The updated zips will show up in a minute.
The problem that slash leads to an error in yaml still exists. I just downloaded the v52 Zip, but still same issue.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #54
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
The problem that slash leads to an error in yaml still exists. I just downloaded the v52 Zip, but still same issue.

the advice from JeanPierre worked, though I waited and used the updated one from geek1011, which did work for me just a few minutes after his post.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #55
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
the advice from JeanPierre worked, though I waited and used the updated one from geek1011, which did work for me just a few minutes after his post.
I tried the advice of JeanPierre using a previous version of kobopatch.sh but still same error. Where do I get the update?
Old 09-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #56
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
What problem is that? Can you give an example?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #57
Dirk-71
Zealot

Quote:
What problem is that? Can you give an example?
error reading kobopatch.yaml: yaml: line 91: found a tab character that violates indentation

Line 91: Remove title from reading header/footer: no

Any patch having a slash in the name leads to this error
Old 09-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #58
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
error reading kobopatch.yaml: yaml: line 91: found a tab character that violates indentation

Line 91: Remove title from reading header/footer: no

Any patch having a slash in the name leads to this error
That's your editor doing that. You need to change the indentation to spaces.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #59
Dirk-71
Zealot

Quote:
That's your editor doing that. You need to change the indentation to spaces.
I see. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Not with any existing patches.

However, I have found the nickel CSS stream which controls the font-family and font-size of the new header and footer, so a new patch could be created.

I'm not keen to introduce it immediately because things are in a state of flux right now and I think it's best to let the dust settle. Patch users are probably deciding on their perfect combo of header on/off, footer on/off and how tall they should be. I don't want to add even more confusion.

If there are a lot of people asking for this feature I'll consider adding it sooner but otherwise ask me again at the next firmware release and when you've decided whether you really would use it. Ongoing maintenance of patches that you suspect nobody uses is a PITA.
I would use it. I have my footer size small. I'm using firmware 4.7.x right now. Sometime this week when I get a chance to go over the patches and decide which ones I want, I'll then update the firmware and apply the patches.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching