Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #166
rAntonov
rAntonov began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
... Love getting new firmware. It makes me feel like my device is getting better.
It does, doesn't it? I don't know what has gotten into the KOBO devs but my first batch Aura One feels like a much better brand new now than the brand new it was when I first got it. If that makes sense
rAntonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #167
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
Yes, the good old placebo effect!
Hmmm I am always holding my breath and fearing the appearance of new bugs. Even with Kindles (which rarely have bugs) and all the more so with Kobo. I don't think I'm going to update my Libra quite yet.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:53 PM   #168
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
(deleted)
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:38 AM   #169
emacsomancer
emacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O (1st edn), Xiaomi InkPalm 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@forster01: You can pretty much forget everything after the code block and the following sentence .

Essentially, that boils down to:

* Open .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf in any half-decent text/code editor. Whatever you're already using to tweak the kobopatch YAML should be good enough.
* Scroll to bottom (if there's no bottom and you only see a single interminable line, your editor failed at being half-decent ^^).
* Append
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?
* Save, exit & eject/unplug safely .

I think because Nickel wants to relook at the sdcard, my on-to-read-time has become rather long for some reason recently. Is there an easy way to extend this to make Nickel ignore the (external) sdcard more generally?
emacsomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 01:26 PM   #170
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsomancer View Post
I think because Nickel wants to relook at the sdcard, my on-to-read-time has become rather long for some reason recently. Is there an easy way to extend this to make Nickel ignore the (external) sdcard more generally?
Not this way, it's already a RE fragment tacked on to the mountpoint.

Disabling the SD card would probably inolve mangling the udev scripts, and that feels way more cumbersome and clunky than simply popping out the card from the reader?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching