Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 01:39 AM   #1
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Manually transfer from Kindle 5th to 10th problem

Hi, yesterday I transfer manually all documents folder content of my Kindle 5th generation to a Kindle 10th generation, I copied all fils from Documents to Documents/download/items01, but I have a problem, all ebooks not have a origial cover.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Using Calibre and (and 4.23 if DeDRM is needed) is more reliable.
Import to Calibre Library and then Transfer to new device.

Books with DRM won't work by copying without DeDRM plug in for Calibre. Obviously if the two Kindles are on the same account, then:
1) Make sure new Kindle is the default in My Devices
2) Re-download, but using "To PC for USB Transfer". Make sure target is newer Kindle.
Now you can copy from PC to new Kindle without DRM removal, or else install DeDRM and the new Kindle's serial number in Calibre (4.23 as I write as the DeDRM are not yet fully ported to Python 3 for Calibre 5.x or later).

Just copying stuff between Kindles is problematic.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Thanks! Ok, I restore to default my new Kindle, but my clippings? Can I copy to Documents folder or Documents/download/items01?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote