Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Newegg Slashing Price on Many Readers

I got the usual ad from Newegg today (the day after I ordered a reader, fortunately at the sale price) and they have cut e-book reader prices from roughly $30 to $150. Might be worth a peek.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
JVera
JVera began at the beginning.

Device: astak mentor
Thank You! Now I am the Happy owner of an Astak Mentor for $154.00 (with shipping).
JVera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Good for you. The Aztak Mentor at newegg.ca is $249.99 in Canada. Bahh, humbug!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
For anyone else reading this, Newegg's sale is over. Prices are back up to the normal ridiculous.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
aztecwarrior25
aztecwarrior25 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Someone please help me. I dont want to spend $3000 on the E-ink prototype kit. which is the best e-reader which I can use in root mode to do some programming? I need it for a concept product

Is the PRS 300c good?
aztecwarrior25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Check out the Open Inkpot project. They support two different readers with custom code that you could modify. Cybook and eSlick also have published their Linux kernel code, which gives you a place to start.

Good luck on this. Do let us know which you system you pick.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote