Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 05:27 AM   #16
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
I use USB to connect to Calibre, which is what I've always done with my other Kobos.
Sincerely
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:35 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
I use USB to connect to Calibre, which is what I've always done with my other Kobos.
Where do you log in then? You wrote, "no matter how many times I log in". Calibre doesn't require any logging in.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 09:17 AM   #18
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

I have Calibre on my PC, and I connect my Kobo to the PC once Calibre is open.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:34 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Sorry to be a stick-in-the-mud, I also have an Elipsa 2e, but no matter how many times I log in, I can't get my collections back until I go to .
I have to say I'm a bit discouraged.
I've reset it several times without any noticeable progress.
I'm going to end up regretting my Kobo Libra 2
Please post more details.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:41 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have Calibre on my PC, and I connect my Kobo to the PC once Calibre is open.
Is your Kobo (home screen) Password protected (Is that even possible?)
I just plug in, wait for the Connect /Cancel on either of my Kobo's?

A few ticks later (varies on Windows), and it becomes a Windows drive, a bit later, Calibre discovers it and starts its inventory scan (and On device column appears).

1) Window or your OS must recognize and mount the device so it will be in the file browser before anything else. Check your file manager for a 'Kobo'

2) Once the OS recognizes, Open Preferences in Calibre and see if you have a Ignored Devices icon (will not even be there if none), If there is, see if it (wrongly) lists the Kobo: correct that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 12:03 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A very old Calibre might not recognise a newer Kobo?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 03:20 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is your Kobo (home screen) Password protected (Is that even possible?)
Yes. If you have enabled a PIN (Settings => Energy saving and privacy = PIN LOCK), it will be asked for the PIN before showing the cancel/connect popup if the Kobo is not awake when you connect it to your computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	17
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	206072  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 05:34 AM   #23
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

I don't have a PIN on my Kobo. I'm wondering whether my problems with the collections (or shelves) are due to Calibre or the Kobo firmware.
I've reinstalled an earlier version of the firmware, but it hasn't changed anything, so I've come to the conclusion (perhaps wrongly) that the problem is with Calibre.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:17 AM   #24
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't have a PIN on my Kobo. I'm wondering whether my problems with the collections (or shelves) are due to Calibre or the Kobo firmware.
I've reinstalled an earlier version of the firmware, but it hasn't changed anything, so I've come to the conclusion (perhaps wrongly) that the problem is with Calibre.
Then a lot of other people would be having this problem.

Are you sure you have set everything up correctly?
Old 01-29-2024, 06:55 AM   #25
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

As far as Calibre is concerned, I think the configuration is fine, since it worked with my previous Kobo (it was a "Libra 2").
And apparently I'm not the only Kobo Elipsa 2e owner who has these problems.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:05 AM   #26
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As far as Calibre is concerned, I think the configuration is fine, since it worked with my previous Kobo (it was a "Libra 2").
Then the problem is with the Elipsa 2e. Which is pretty weird, because why should one Kobo model behave differently than others?

I have had no collection issues with either my Sage or Libra 2.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:22 AM   #27
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Given that collections work for (as far as I can tell) everyone else, there must be a problem with your configuration.

Lets start with checking the basic calibre configuration. Please post images of the following two calibre dialogs:
  • The Kobo driver Collections, covers, and uploads dialog.
  • Calibre's Sending books to devices dialog.
Images of mine are attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	206084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	206085  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:53 AM   #28
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

Can you tell me how to attach the images you're asking me for? I'm not very good with computers.
In the meantime, I'll tell you how the first dialog box is configured:
1 Collections: checked
2 Collection columns: tags
3 Collection template: unchecked
4 create collections: ticked
5 delete empty shelves: ticked
6 Load covers: ticked

As for the second image, mine is identical to yours
Old 01-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #29
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Can you tell me how to attach the images you're asking me for? I'm not very good with computers.
Use the Manage Attachments option. You must be in advanced mode to see it.

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	206086

Quote:
In the meantime, I'll tell you how the first dialog box is configured:
1 Collections: checked
2 Collection columns: tags
3 Collection template: unchecked
4 create collections: ticked
5 delete empty shelves: ticked
6 Load covers: ticked

As for the second image, mine is identical to yours
Those seem correct.

Next steps:
  1. Post the image.
  2. Question: what version of calibre are you running, on what version of which operating system?
  3. Run calibre in debug mode and post the log.
    1. Start calibre.
    2. Right-click the Preferences button and choose "Restart in debug mode".
    3. Connect your Kobo.
    4. Let the connection process finish: no "jobs" running.
    5. Quit calibre. A window will appear containing the debug log.
    6. Copy the debug log and paste it into a reply. Please use the "SPOILER" option (The eye with the X over it) to prevent an extremely long reply. Even better, paste the debug log into a text file and attach that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:29 AM   #30
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

The Calibre debug is attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt debogcalibre.txt (22.0 KB, 20 views)

Tags
elipsa 2e