Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
maudel
maudel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Send books via email to kindle

Greetings,
I'm using a Windows 11 machine (I generally use Linux) and I'm having trouble sending personal documents to my Kindle Oasis. I paste below what I received from the procedure. I tried sending files from my email client and everything works fine. I also tried entering the optional data (my account, password, my mail server) and in this case it works. I'm surprised that I've never had to enter this data using Caliber's SMTP server before.
maudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 02:11 PM   #2
maudel
maudel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
all

calibre, version 7.4.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Invio del libro tramite email non riuscito: Non riuscita: Invia tramite email L'ordine del tempo a mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@kindle.com

Starting job: Invia tramite email L'ordine del tempo a mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@kindle.com

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 48, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 137, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 163, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 143, in sendmail_direct
OSError: Failed to send mail: SMTPRecipientsRefused({'mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@ki ndle.com': (550, b'5.7.1 IP address blacklisted by recipient')})

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Waiting 1 seconds before sending, to avoid being marked as spam.
You can control this delay via Preferences->Tweaks

Sending failed...

OSError: Failed to send mail: SMTPRecipientsRefused({'mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@ki ndle.com': (550, b'5.7.1 IP address blacklisted by recipient')})

Job: "Invia tramite email L'ordine del tempo a mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@kindle.com" failed with error:
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 105, in _call_

Called with args: ('C:\\Users\\mauri\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 92t_9084\\xcizkk7ucaltmpfmt.epub', "L'ordine del tempo.epub", 'mauriziodelladio_gy3Ktm@kindle.com', '9qcO7TmmXSQuWSbV6SPFN8', 'kSFQWXc5GINv4B24WBOwC3') {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001498B132CD0>, 'abort': <threading.Event at 0x1498941bb10: unset>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001498941B210>}
maudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to setup an email relay, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote