Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2024, 07:32 PM   #1
Firestorm1
Firestorm1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle not recognized

I recently bought a refurbished Kindle Paperwhite (2015 version). I can't get my computer to recognize it. Device Manager - Portable Devices doesn't show it. How can I get it recognized so I can add books from my computer?
Thanks for any help.
Firestorm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
See if it is under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (or disk drives or some place else) (and not a Yellow marker)
Until the OS recognizes, this is not a Calibre issue.

BTW I assumed this was Windows
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:17 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Does the Kindle recognize that it is connected to a computer? The screen should change to show that it is connected.

If not, the most common cause of this is using a USB cable intended for charging only. You need a USB data cable.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:34 AM   #4
Firestorm1
Firestorm1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I purchased a new cable for data transfer and charging......still not showing. My other Kindle Keyboard still shows under "portable devices" so I will keep using it until I can buy another Paperwhite.
Thanks to all for trying.
Firestorm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm1 View Post
I purchased a new cable for data transfer and charging......still not showing. My other Kindle Keyboard still shows under "portable devices" so I will keep using it until I can buy another Paperwhite.
Thanks to all for trying.
Have you performed a Hard reset.
Hold power button until Power dialog or screen blanks
CONTINUE TO HOLD for another 40 Seconds.

My K4 was unresponsive, and that got it back
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote