Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 04:02 AM   #1
Sandor
Sandor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
KOBO Elipsa error communicating with device

For some days now I have problems when I connect my Kobo Elipsa ereader to my computer. Seemingly nothing has changed so this happened out of the blue.

After connecting the device and opening Calibre 7.4 I get the following error message:

calibre, version 7.4.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 558, in _books
File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2028, in books
File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Anyone seen this and what can be done?

Thanks in advance
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 11:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Welcome to MR.

The fix is the same for almost all modern Kobos.

Sign out on you Kobo, then sign back in. You will lose your reading position and stats.

In general, I found :
1)Always have the Kobo showing its Library screen before connecting (not reading a book)
2)Wait for Processing on the device to complete (after ejecting in Calibre) before unplugging. (that works for both of my models. YMMV with others)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 11:54 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Welcome to MR.

The fix is the same for almost all modern Kobos.

Sign out on you Kobo, then sign back in. You will lose your reading position and stats.

In general, I found :
1)Always have the Kobo showing its Library screen before connecting (not reading a book)
2)Wait for Processing on the device to complete (after ejecting in Calibre) before unplugging. (that works for both of my models. YMMV with others)
All that, and 'My Books' or 'Library'.

I also don't tap connect too quick after adding cable and I don't unplug cable / or reconnect till also the added ebooks appear at the top of unread, which is a number of seconds after the black screen with bargraph. I 'eject' from Calibre.

Also make use WiFi & BT are off.

SideloadedMode=true may also help, however with multiple Kobos here I've not had database corruption since I started that regime some while ago. I checked database on lat two Sages connected and OK.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote