Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-17-2024, 09:30 PM   #1
decemberchups
decemberchups began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Frustrated with Kindle and converting azw3 to epub, please help!

I got a Kindle Paperwhite because I was told it would be easy to download my kindle books to my computer, transfer to the kindle via USB, transfer to calibre, then calibre would be able to convert them to other formats. After many hours, I got it to work: installed all the plugins, added my kindle serial number, etc, conversion successful! It was working last night.
Now, I am on a different laptop, Same Windows OS, same versions of Calibre, same procedures as yesterday, and calibre is saying the books are locked by DRM. What am I doing wrong here? This is so frustrating. Thank you in advance.
decemberchups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:08 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Did you remember to add the serial number of the Kindle you select for Download & Transfer via USB in the DeDRM configuration on your new laptop.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:45 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did you remember to add the serial number of the Kindle you select for Download & Transfer via USB in the DeDRM configuration on your new laptop.
Which is easier to copy & paste from your Amazon account Device page than to read with eyeball from settings on the actual Kindle.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote