Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
Retiredjudge
Retiredjudge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Auto suggest in user field

I have created my own column to indicated the genre of a book. I manually enter the names such as "mystery" or "suspense" or "Alt History." All are one or two word entries.

From time to time I mis-type an entry. Thus the program will suggest:
Mysgtery
Mysery
Mystery
and such like that.

Is there any way to purge the erroneous suggested entries, or even all entries?

Sincere thanks
Retiredjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredjudge View Post
I have created my own column to indicated the genre of a book. I manually enter the names such as "mystery" or "suspense" or "Alt History." All are one or two word entries.

From time to time I mis-type an entry. Thus the program will suggest:
Mysgtery
Mysery
Mystery
and such like that.

Is there any way to purge the erroneous suggested entries, or even all entries?

Sincere thanks
Remove them from the Tag editor. (actually REMOVES from ALL places used)
Rename them IN the Tag Editor, to the correct name, that will in essence, merge the uses
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2021, 05:10 AM   #3
Retiredjudge

Thank you. Give it a try.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:19 AM   #4
Retiredjudge

Removing offending tags

I'm sorry to be so dumb. When you say "tag editor" where do you mean? In the "Tags" field I can right click on a book. I then select "Edit Metadata." Then I select "Edit in Bulk". I use the drop down menu on the right of "remove tag" and select an offending tag I want to delete. I hit return and.... it has no effect. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In any book that has a Genre, right click the value (e.g. Mystery) in the Book Details panel (where the cover is shown) and select Manage Mystery, and you'll get something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-09 203107.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	186493

Don't delete "Mysgtery", press F2 and correct it, then it will trickle down into all the books that have the misspelling.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do what BR said
You can also get to Manage in the Tag Browser (on the Left)
FWIW There is a 'Manage" for each category listed there, so you can fix Publisher ...
Fixing the spelling Merges with similar
Avoid Deleting IF spelling is your goal

Once you start a change, the context menu (right click) allows CaSe correction
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Another thing to try:

Get the Find Duplicates plugin, put it on your toolbar, and look for this option:

Name:	2021-04-09 11_38_53-.png
Views:	101
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	186495

Looks like I have one I need to merge myself!

Name:	2021-04-09 11_39_36-Find Duplicates Plugin.png
Views:	98
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	186496

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-09-2021 at 10:42 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #8
Retiredjudge

Sincere thanks. I'm slowly getting it worked out
Old 04-13-2021, 12:56 PM   #9
Retiredjudge

Where did you find that screen in duplicate finder?
I have installed the plug in and can't find it anywhere!!!

Thanks
Old 04-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #10
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:

Thanks

Name:	2021-04-13 14_42_18-calibre.png
Views:	95
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	186583

do you not have that menu entry?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:53 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Thanks
Click on the dropdown arrow beside the Find Duplicates icon. You should see Find Metadata Variations in that menu.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
created columns, edit columns